User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for more feedback on Maverick

I'am taking a very hard look at Maverick and getting close to the final stages of their hiring process. I was hoping to get as much feedback as possible from any of you folks out there, about their orientation, miles per week, home time, detention, etc. basically any info and or opinions would be appreciated. I was also hoping to get some feeback about their recruiting department and actually how accurate the facts are about the job and the company. I am currently moving lowboy's for the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) I'm moving heavy equipment and am looking very seriously at leaving due to their complete disregard for their employees and the a##holes that you have to work with. I completed truck driving school at Crowder College in Neosho, MO in Nov. 2004 and have about 2 years behind the wheel. I'm 41 years old with a completely flawless driving record, never a ticket, offense or an accident in 25 years of driving. Since I am new to the forum, you folks out there might know of some other opportunites that may be even better than Maverick. I look forward to hearing from you. Also, I have a HazMat/Tanker Endorsement
Old 01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Board Regular

You won't regret driving for Maverick. I've talked to alot of drivers out here since many times you load at the same places with drivers from 6 or 8 different companies. Most are not trying to recruit me, their asking about Maverick. That tells me a lot.

We're about the same age, but I only started driving in October. I started out with Maverick and I have to say that I was very impressed with the recruiter that I talked to. She was very helpful, very honest and friendly. In fact, during orientation, that was the thing that you heard over and over again from other drivers..that they were amazed that they could actually talk to different recruiters at different times and still get the same story each time. That's something not exactly common in the trucking industry!..LOL. The management at Maverick has a very good reputation for honesty..it's no accident. The management is VERY serious about keeping that reputation and they act accordingly.

I'm going to shoot you a pm with the name of my recruiter. There are others on here that haven't had a good experience with Maverick recruiters, so I've just started referring everyone to the lady that hired me. I'll answer your other questions about miles and hometime in pm also.

Good Luck!

Arky