User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: what about this trucking company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle05
U.S. Xpress????? if you like an ATA company and being told how to log in there world its ok i guess..... personally I don't like being told to log a certain amount of time for doing something. I log it as I do it no ifs ands or buts. U.s and their ATA ways can kiss my.....
Come on now.....we can't corrupt the noobs right off the bat. Atleast give them a year of experience before teaching them how to log in the real world.
BTW.....I can say that the wife and I ran team for USX a couple of years ago and we made great money but rarely got home. Our regular fm was great but night dispatch is a clueless group of college kids that have no idea what a big truck looks like. They don't have to since the main office is miles from the nearest terminal. well it's not even in the same state.

You are a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu, and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name, silence is your native tongue. You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We are "them." We are "they." We are the Men in Black.

We either hang together or we will be hanged seperately. -Benjamin Franklin 1767
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: who would you pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikec
Hey everyone,
Question if you were new to trucking and got your cdl already but no experience who would you go work for.

us express
knight
swift
schneider
cfi
crete
just a few i thought about you might have someone better.
The question isn't "who would you go work for," but who I did go work for, TMC of course!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Rookie

Hi, first time poster here, though I've been logging a lot of hours on this site since I found it last week, educating myself on the industry. What an incredible resource! I'm a 43 year old single guy, no kids, considering a career change in trucking. I'm really interested in going OTR. My Dad yanked a tanker up and down I-5 for over a decade and a half, and really enjoyed it, cuz it allowed him to sleep in his own bed every night. As my handle suggests, I'm just the opposite. I would love to get on with a company that would allow me to see as much of the 48 states as possible.

I've been reading lots of positive things about CFI and Crete, but I live in Oregon, and from what I've seen on their websites, they don't seem to hire this far west. Is that correct? If so, what would be a good company to start with? (I don't have my CDL yet, so I'm also interested in which companies might have good training programs.)

I've read lots of good things about Gordon, but their website seems to indicate that solo drivers are limited to a particular region, and aren't able to go all the way across the country.

Too much yapping on my part for a first post, I know! ops:

In summary, I guess I'm wondering if there is a good paying, reputable company that will hire a new driver who is based in Oregon, and allow me to go all the way across the country?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Senior Board Member

vagabondsp

I've talked to several Gordon solo drivers who go all over the US.
I think they call it US anywhere fleet. All have been reffer drivers so not sure if Dry Van has that option. Gordon is on my list of companies I want to work for. Not #1 but close.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Rookie

Hey glasman2, that's good news. Thanks!

By the way, which company or companies do you have ranked above Gordon on your list?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Well.....
They pay less CMP but get really good miles and make up for it in equipment, and the way they treat the employees. Those are the 2 things on the top of my list for companies to work for. Clean teriminals help this along to.

That being said Interstate Distribution Co.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: who would you pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmikec
Hey everyone,
Question if you were new to trucking and got your cdl already but no experience who would you go work for.

us express
knight
swift
schneider
cfi
crete
just a few i thought about you might have someone better.
The question isn't "who would you go work for," but who I did go work for, TMC of course!
Wow, you TMC guys are slacking, it took you all 1 day 3 hrs and 10 minutes to post something about TMC after someone said something Maverick. I cant go on here and do that so much because Im too busy. but I did honestly post on here just to see if a TMC would chime in and you didnt disappoint. Anyway guy BOL no matter who you choose.