User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default TMC

Hello, I am going to be starting my CDL training Feb.19th in Newport, Arkansas. I am already prehired for TMC, the recruiter I am talking to is Matt. I was wanting to know if there are any trainers,or other drivers in my area, I am in northeast Arkansas. I have been reading this forum for a while. I seen the flatbed fred website, great site by the way, and this has what made me choose TMC. I was also prehired by Maverick. I am not going through TMC sponsership.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 PM

9 chances outa 10, yes there is. TMC tries to get you within 150 miles of your trainer,however that doesnt mean much. With no experience, you will be looking at 6 weeks out with a trainer. If your local trainer took a 6 week person, just a week ago, then youd be 5 weeks waiting, just because there is a trainer, doesnt mean you get one as soon as you finish the two weeks in Des Moines, that is if you demanded a local trainer. My trainer is just a tad over the 150 miles, but no gripe from me.

Hey Fred....how far away does your trainer live from you :lol: :lol:

If I were you I would not let that be my deciding choice. TMC does not guarantee hometime while in training, if you get a local trainer and they get home on weekends, so will you. Your gonna love Des Moines. Good Luck

I am roughly 1,000 miles from Des Moines, and when I saw the asignment sheet, most of the states around Iowa had close trainers, but as mentioned, there are way too many variables.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Earth, North America, North, East, 9th State, 42° 56' 1" N, 72° 16' 41" W

Let's stick to one TMC thread.
Proverbs 12:24, God, A really long time ago.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonSeggern
Let's stick to one TMC thread.
I don't think every one wants to shorts through 50 pages of one thread to find one piece of info.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csramsey640
9 chances outa 10, yes there is. TMC tries to get you within 150 miles of your trainer,however that doesnt mean much. With no experience, you will be looking at 6 weeks out with a trainer. If your local trainer took a 6 week person, just a week ago, then youd be 5 weeks waiting, just because there is a trainer, doesnt mean you get one as soon as you finish the two weeks in Des Moines, that is if you demanded a local trainer. My trainer is just a tad over the 150 miles, but no gripe from me.

Hey Fred....how far away does your trainer live from you :lol: :lol:

If I were you I would not let that be my deciding choice. TMC does not guarantee hometime while in training, if you get a local trainer and they get home on weekends, so will you. Your gonna love Des Moines. Good Luck

I am roughly 1,000 miles from Des Moines, and when I saw the asignment sheet, most of the states around Iowa had close trainers, but as mentioned, there are way too many variables.
LOL I CHOSE my trainer as I knew him prior to coming to TMC and he lived 450 miles from me but was nice enough to spend 3 weekends in NY so I could get home and also took me out to dinner when I was in his hometown. In turn I took him out while in NY. We had a BLAST.!!!