User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Arnold Transportation

About six months ago I started a thread about this company. Was going to chronicle my experiences here as they happened. Due to an extreme emergency this was cut short. They have taken me back and I will try to start my "BLOG" about day to day operations regarding orientation. When they asign my truck, I'll try to keep up 2-3 times a week about the miles and day to day operation while on the road.

Day 1 Orientation

Arnold has acquired a local PRO-LINKS terminal in Baldwinsville, NY. This is where I'm attending orien. The first day is what you'd expect. Paperwork, waiting, more paperwork, more waiting. We did get our physical, and drug test done today. We also had our road test done as well. Our class is small, both in size, and room size. This is only their second orientation at this location and is still a work in progress. There is 6 people in orien. All have a least 1 year experience. I'll be going on the NE REGIONAL which gives you weekly home time. Orien last 2.5 days. By mid afternoon or so Thursday they'll give us our truck assignments, and get us going with a load heading back home.

Trucks at this location are 04' and up Columbia's. They also have some KW'S, and Century's at their other terminals. There is a mix of Auto trans, super, and straight 10's. We've been told that most of their freight is 98% no touch, so can't say for sure if that's true or not. :roll:

So that's it for now.. We'll see what day 2 brings.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Default arnold

good luck

you do know that mad max from us express has increased his ownership interest in arnold

i belive he now owns a controlling interest
Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Default Re: arnold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaarr
good luck

you do know that mad max from us express has increased his ownership interest in arnold

i believe he now owns a controlling interest
We found out today usexp own approx 80%. They have no long term goals as far as changes. Found out usexp owns a lot of different carriers in similar size and scope like Arnold.

Even so... Is their something to look out far. Hate to say it.. never heard of mad max. Good thing, bad thing?!

Old 01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Default mad max

max is the owner of useless express

i did six months in their x d div 48 states

2000-2200 miles a week split pay scale

15 buck complience fee if you dont use your assigned run fuel stop

or get that stop changed and approved

on the qualcom not the phone

3 hour average wait for next run after you drop at your con

preplaned loads are alien and almost non existing

i went through 6 fleet managers in 6 months before i had enough

i was told i was fired after i stated clearly on the qualcom

where do you want your truck

like i cared

then i had to file a fed complaint to get back pay owed

this is why i work at crete now

oh if you get an autoshift

be sure to keep your emergency air above 100 pounds

the auto shift works off that supply

if you get below 100

you risk having your tranny lock up in 4th or 5th gear

if you lock up

you will have to turn your truck off

wait 5 minutes for the computer to reset

turn key on and manuallly bump the trans to neutral with engine off

then turn her on and rebuild up your air pressure to over a 100 on both guages

then your safe to roll
Old 01-24-2007, 08:50 PM

Deff sucks to hear that. The way things are going right now, Arnold still runs the way Arnold runs. I asked the question when things would start to be run US EXP way, and the reply was Arnold does very well, and US EXP doesn't want to change that. So hopefully I won't have to experience what you went through.

As far as the auto-shift... I'm doing everything In my power not to get one. Who knows how much that will do.. but better to try then not try at all.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Day 2

Same o'l same o'l. Lots of movies, lots of paperwork. We were fed pizza yesterday for lunch. Today we were fed Subway. Also... we were given a $10 gift certificate for a local diner, the diner food wasn't that great. But not having to pay for certainly makes up for it :wink: We arrived at the terminal @ 7 am both yesterday and today. We left yesterday @5:15 and were able to leave early today.

The hotel they have us in is real nice. FREE LONG DISTANCE :shock: That is unheard for the most part. Meaning a hotel that a trucking company would put you in normally makes you pay a $20 just to access local telephone service. Free wireless Internet, which is pretty common though this is the fastest wireless I've seen for a hotel. Tomorrow we'll finish up the last of the paperwork, get all of our references done, and get our trucks. Some will leave for Camphill, PA to get their truck, and may end up staying the night over there. The rest of us will most likely stay here in Baldwinsville, NY for the night as well.. just to get some rest before we hit the road.

I asked about the pet policy and if it had changed, it hasn't and it's a little pricey. $400 :shock: :shock: :shock: up front.. and you only get $200 of it back. The other $200 stays with the company no matter what. Hey... no company is perfect I guess. We also got our pay rate... every one is getting exactly what they were told. For myself this means .41 cpm @ HHG not practical. Kinda stinks since a lot of companies are offering practical now a days.

Questions have been asked about avg miles, and the anwser varies from 2200-3000. That answer would rely more on how the driver runs one would think. If your slow and stop every 100 miles.. you may not get the miles. We've been told that as long as you deliver on time.. and get the job done safely... they will work on getting us as many miles as possible. We'll have to wait and see. That's it for today.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:49 PM

Day 3 (2.5)

The 2.5 means we were done with orientation, we got our trucks, spoke with our DM, and finished all the paperwork. I put 3 because I'm still here in the yard, sitting in my truck. I have a load that leaves here @ 7am tommorow to Mechanicsburg, PA. I'll stop @ the terminal in Camp Hill, PA.. tie up some lose ends, catch a relay bringing me home for the weekend. So far everything has been for the most part, on par with what was told to me. Some minor differences here and there, but that's to be expected.

For those who care, my truck is an 05' Columbia, straight 10. Nothing fancy. The terminal they took over had trucks with an es-bar Bunk heater. It's around 10' or so outside and the es-bar is keeping the truck pretty warm. They do have a rider policy, cost is $10 a month for the insurance. Depending on your record you can start right away with taking passengers, or you may have to wait up to 90 days before your allowed to take passengers with you. So far so good....