Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
deffinatly NOT JB Hunt. the worse recruiters in the wolrd! They just won't take no for an answer.
Not to create a great debate over me being a JB Recruiter, But a recruiter not taking no for an answer would make him a great recruiter, not the worst recruiter in the world. A recruiter who took no for an answer the first time a driver said it wouldnt last 2 weeks.
Anyone with any sort of sales background would know that about 80% of all sales are made after the first "NO". Thats no different than recruiting. About 80% of my hires are made after the driver says the first "NO".
Example: just in the last two days, I have set up 7 drivers with on a class B job. The majority of those calls started out with the drivers saying something like "Is this JB again, I told you people I only had a class B so no you cant hire me" Not many people know we do have some class b local jobs. Should I have taken "no" for their answer, or should I have said, "Wait, I have a class B job"? We might have called them 100 times before and not had a thing to offer him.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Senior Board Member

the reason we dont take pets is not because of keeping the trucks clean. We dont take pets anymore because of too many of our major customers complained about them. There are a lot of recievers out there who dont allow pets on their property. Plus you know how when you go into those big distrubution centers and there is always a small plot of grass right by the office. Well the story goes, a lot of our drivers were letting their dogs do their business on those plots. Countless warnings from the powers above didnt stop it, countless customer complaints and a risk of losing the customers equates to a NO PET policy.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
the reason we dont take pets is not because of keeping the trucks clean. We dont take pets anymore because of too many of our major customers complained about them. There are a lot of recievers out there who dont allow pets on their property. Plus you know how when you go into those big distrubution centers and there is always a small plot of grass right by the office. Well the story goes, a lot of our drivers were letting their dogs do their business on those plots. Countless warnings from the powers above didnt stop it, countless customer complaints and a risk of losing the customers equates to a NO PET policy.
makes sense to me.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
deffinatly NOT JB Hunt. the worse recruiters in the wolrd! They just won't take no for an answer.
Not to create a great debate over me being a JB Recruiter, But a recruiter not taking no for an answer would make him a great recruiter, not the worst recruiter in the world. A recruiter who took no for an answer the first time a driver said it wouldnt last 2 weeks.
Anyone with any sort of sales background would know that about 80% of all sales are made after the first "NO". Thats no different than recruiting. About 80% of my hires are made after the driver says the first "NO".
Example: just in the last two days, I have set up 7 drivers with on a class B job. The majority of those calls started out with the drivers saying something like "Is this JB again, I told you people I only had a class B so no you cant hire me" Not many people know we do have some class b local jobs. Should I have taken "no" for their answer, or should I have said, "Wait, I have a class B job"? We might have called them 100 times before and not had a thing to offer him.
No. No. no no no no nononononononononono...

But after of that....maybe. :P

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
That is one positive thing I will say about Jb. You get a clean truck when you receive it, and if it's not clean, they will clean it befor you take it.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'