kllm 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 02:43 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for info on central refrigerated

I have not seen any thread about central refrigerated. I am considering going with this company can anyone tell me about this company.?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Lets see...they have OCs in West Valley City Utah, Fontana California, Tyler Texas, Denver Colorado and Atlanta Georgia. Utah and Georgias are ok, the others are maint and fuel stops. There is a cafeteria in WVC but it is for the convience of the office staff, not the drivers.

They have their own training facility in Utah and Fontana. They are accredited enough to be able to license and test their students without having to go to the DMV.

They drive the little Volvo 670 which will go 62-65mph. The big Kenworths you see are the Fleece Lease trucks and they only go 62-65 mph too. I hear they are getting the larger Volvos but I am sure they will be either a trainer only truck or fleece lease.

Most of their loads are live load and unload in a refrigerated DC. Very little drop and hook.

TAH is not great if you live in the West. Expect to spend at least 2 weeks out, longer if your dispatcher begs you to or there is no freight going in your direction.

They have two types of employees. Those that book frieght and those that make damn sure you get it there no matter what the toll is on you. Drivers are a dime a dozen and they could care less about you. They will yank your trailer away in Fargo N.D. and then leave you there for 4 days because there is no fright in Fargo but you couldnt get it from Washington State to Georgia in 2 days so too bad for you.

Out of the 35 people in my driver training class only 2 are still with the company. They are a husband and wife team who got talked into a lease. Probably not so bad for them since they are a team and all the money goes into the same pot.

Its better than CR England.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 AM

thanks for the reply