User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sherman Brothers Heavy Trucking

I heard from Sherman Brothers today and I got the initial "good to go" on my application. I still have a few months before I retire out of the Army, but I know I have a place to start again. I keep all posted over the next few months!
Old 09-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you ever go to work for Sherman Brothers? If so how is it?

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 AM

I have worked for them . . 13 months

they are a western regional company, but do have some 48 state drivers

they run into Canada

they have a Tanker fleet as well.

I see they have a new Website address http://www.shermantrucking.com/ since I last checked , because my old bookmarks did not work :roll: .

they are always looking for more to run in their Glass fleet (ltl and OTR)

They have a no driving policy between Midnight and 4am

depending where you live Home time was never a problem. and if all you wanna do is run run run, never go home . . they can do that too.

they do not use qualcom, something else forgot what it is called but basically the same thing, so they keep in contact with the truck either cellular or satellite.

I am sure there is more that I could say. That is at the moment I can think of, it has been a while since I was with them
Old 09-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Why did you leave them? I have heard good things about them.

Medford OR.....a little piece of heaven. I loved Oregon when we lived out there....one reason he is looking at West Coast companies. We lived in LaPine for about a year.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-04-2007, 11:40 AM

I was released . . had nothing to do with my driving or performance, it was something I did . . I made a spare key without asking . . there is more into that . . the driver manager I had really did not like the idea of that, everyone else was like, ok, no problem, give us the key, but it was lost, I could not find it, it was not where I placed it. Since I could not produce the key, I was let go, I had planed on leaving any ways, but 3 months later.

what it was really about was me and the manager did not see eye to eye, he was allowing drivers in his fleet to speed and I would not. I could not be released for doing things right. Specially since my log book and what was on the computer matched

I heard he no longer works there, seemed most of the drivers there that had my phone number, called me to let me know that I really didn't care if he did or not. Ironically, I was there asking the senior managers to give this guy a break, he is new , they were not too happy with him. . my manager may not have liked me . . But unknown to him, I was one of the good guys helping him. I know a lot of drivers did not care for this person either. a lot complained . . I was trying to give this guy a break, and what happens . . I am gone.

Like I said there is more into it then just that, but it still is about me and the driver Manager I had at the end.

I am sure every company has a bad apple like that, and I wouldn't want you tho think all the driver managers there were like that, quite the opposite . this dude would not let me get the truck washed, I would call one of the other managers to get a PO Number to get the truck washed.

About the only real bad thing I could say about Sherman Bro's . . they really do not have any Facility's for their drivers if they have to have their truck worked on . . Oh sure they own the RV park next to them, and have some beds above the office at the RV park .. but you'll be more comfortable staying in your sleeper.

They have a driver lounge . . which consist of a couch, a couple vending machines, microwave, a tv that someone stoled the remote from, so you have to get up to change the channel, and 2 showers.

I never had any problems getting loads , I was always getting loaded as soon as I dropped a load, I know some drivers had to wait sometimes, but that could've been their performance reflecting that. That kinda bummed me out, kuz I wanted the later loads . .

Yeah Oregon is great, but their state tax kills ya . . I moved from Washington down to Oregon, forgot that they have a state tax. Also I was used to a better health care that Washington has, in comparison, it was like "what health care". I am thinking maybe move back to Washington, but this time I'll stay at the south end of the state.

I moved to Southern Oregon because I wanted to be closer to family and long lost friends.

I have only driven for Sherman Bro's, . . . that was where I got started after I got my CDL . . so I can only say what I have experienced with Sherman Bro's . I can not compare, but from what I have heard from others , Sherman has one of the best Home time I have heard, and experienced.
I think a lot tho depends where you live, so the same could be for other companies.

WOW . . I think I went on longer then I needed too . . lol I better go

If you need a number for them, let me know
Old 09-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the reply!! I know what you mean by DM's and problems. Sometimes all it takes is to switch DM's because not EVERYONE is going to get along :wink: .

I was thinking about southern WA too. I know you dont have to pay state tax up there in WA. That area is just a pretty as OR. I am still researching I want to find a good fit for him. I wish the perfect company exsited out there but alas....it does not!! :roll:

The driver facilities cant be worse than Arrows!! Nothing is worse than them!!
tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-08-2007, 09:23 AM

you should still give Sherman bro's a call, they're a good company to work for .. It all depends what your looking for.

800-457-1459 ext 2384

Give Dave a call and let him know what your looking for.