Old 01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Been there, done that, need to find a company

The qualifications

I have about 6 months OTR
The other half has about 3 years of OTR

We drove for Transport America (short stay for me, family problems at home) and we drove team for Werner.

-----------------------------------

We want to run team, obviously.

We want to haul van trailers. Dry, heated, refer, doesn't matter.

We have to be able to take our dog with us, she only weighs 20 pounds

I have a clean criminal and driving record

My other half has had is license suspended twice (young and stupid) the newest one being almost 5 years ago, so this shouldn't be a problem.

9 years ago, my other half got into some trouble with the law. It was more of a wrong time wrong place deal, but try telling that too the cops. Long story short, he was riding in a truck (pick up) with 2 other guys, the truck was pulled over and searched, there was an unregistered gun in the truck, and the two other assholes (sorry) said it belonged to my other half. Needless to say, he was found guilty, spend 3 months in jail, and in PA, his offense is a misdemeanor, but for criminal background searches for the trucking industry, it comes up as a felony. It has hurt a bit in the job search. It is the only thing on his criminal record, and we are trying to get the money for a lawyer and try to get it reduced or expunged. When that will happen, if it can, god only knows.

We can't go into Canada because of his record.

Any help will be appreciated!! Every time I find a company, there is always one thing that keeps us from going with them.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Been there, done that, need to find a company

Based upon what you are telling us, I'd venture to say that it may be a while before most companies will even consider him. There is just too much of a problemetic track record for any reputable company to take a chance on your husband.

Perhaps some outlaw companies might consider him, but he would draw the scrutiny of any LEO very quickly.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

One thing I don't understand is why a trucking company would look at a misdemeanor as a felony. If he was convicted of a misdemeanor then it cannot be construed as a felony. Now going into Canada and getting a hazmat with that type of conviction could be a problem. I don't see how you can get it reduced after the fact. These things are usually done at the time you are going through the legal process. If it is indeed a felony rather than a misdemeanor, then it will likely be a minimum of 5 years after the conviction before most trucking companies will look at him. Good luck.