User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Another thread about JB Hunt

Ok folks, these guys are relentless. Man, no mtter how much you tell them NO. they keep calling, about twice a month. the more they bother me the less I want to have anything to do with them. Don't they have a clue? I get downright abusive with them and they still call. First thing, I'd never work for a company that wouldn't let me take my dog. I tell them this and they tell me to get rid of my dog, and I tell them to eat $**t and die. so, I will tell everyone, Don't work for JB Hunt. :!: :x

whew... Now I feel better... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Board Regular

I hear you there. I was lied to about the pet policy. If I can't take my dog I'm not going. She thinks I am her mother and I can't leave her! They keep calling me too. I got pretty nasty with them last time they called, it's been a week since then, I haven't heard from them since.

As for pet policies. I think they suck. We had to put down $500 to take our dog at Werner. I have heard stories about Werner always finding an excuse not to refund the money. We kept our truck clean, and after we left Werner, we got every penny of that deposit back.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Ive covored this in other threads. But I will repeat again. If you want to be removed from the calling list, its very simple....just ask nicely. Cussing me out doesnt work, sorry. When a driver cusses me out, I usually just put in on speaker phone and everyone around me has a good laugh. Hanging up, doesnt work. The second you hang up, your information drops off my computer screen and i have no way to get it back. In other words, you just go back into the system waiting for the next recruiter to call you. ASK NICELY, I WILL PUT YOU ON HOLD, I WILL BRING ONE OF OUR REMOVAL PEOPLE ON AND SHE WILL TAKE YOU OUT OF THE SYSTEM. Occasionally you might be in our system more than once. If that happens and you get another call...Repeat the steps. Really, I dont want to waste my time calling someone who doesnt want to drive for us because of some silly reason. (unless their cussing is really funny)

Reason we call so much...Quite simply, because it works. I cant tell you how many times I have hired a driver who started out yelling at me because we call to much. I get new local and dedicated jobs open everyday, that one time I call might be the type of job you have been looking for.

As far as pets go...you are right we dont allow them. We used to, we dont now. Too many customers complained and too many customers dont allow pets on their property. But you never know, things change...policies change...someday we might allow them again.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Just tell them when they call that you need a job because the last compnay you where with fired you for being on drugs. That is what I told them and they quit calling. (AND NO, I WAS NEVER FIRED FOR THAT FROM ANY COMPANY! Come to think of it, I was never fired from any company )

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Senior Board Member

That might work, it might not. If im calling from my own personal database I pay for out of my own pocket....Yes, I would put a note in there that you are a druggie and never call you again. And I dont put my own leads in the company database.
But if you are in our company database, the only way to be removed from the system is to speak to our removal dept and have your name removed. The "im on drugs trick" wouldnt work for you if you are in our company database. Recruiters just dont have any way to remove you from the system and like i said, the second you hang up, you disappear from my computer screen and I have no way of getting it back.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Just tell them when they call that you need a job because the last compnay you where with fired you for being on drugs. That is what I told them and they quit calling. (AND NO, I WAS NEVER FIRED FOR THAT FROM ANY COMPANY! Come to think of it, I was never fired from any company )

Yeah, It's like when a guy comes to your door to sell you something you say "Oh you're not from the District Attorneys Office to arrest me for bad checks?" and the guy will say no and gives you his sales pitch. Then you ask him if he accepts checks. :lol:
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Ive covored this in other threads. But I will repeat again. If you want to be removed from the calling list, its very simple....just ask nicely. Cussing me out doesnt work, sorry. When a driver cusses me out, I usually just put in on speaker phone and everyone around me has a good laugh. Hanging up, doesnt work. The second you hang up, your information drops off my computer screen and i have no way to get it back. In other words, you just go back into the system waiting for the next recruiter to call you. ASK NICELY, I WILL PUT YOU ON HOLD, I WILL BRING ONE OF OUR REMOVAL PEOPLE ON AND SHE WILL TAKE YOU OUT OF THE SYSTEM. Occasionally you might be in our system more than once. If that happens and you get another call...Repeat the steps. Really, I dont want to waste my time calling someone who doesnt want to drive for us because of some silly reason. (unless their cussing is really funny)

Sheepdancer,

I'm so glad you are here!!! This post exemplifies the sense of contempt that you have for the very same drivers you are attempting to recruit!!!

You heard it straight from the horse's mouth here, folks!!!

As far as JB Hunt is concerned, it is their right to pester you, hound you, and harass you, even after you've turned them down, because you were not "nice enough" to them. Besides, it works for them, and screw you if you don't like it!!

Want a promise in writing?? Forget it!! Not Even!! (puts on speaker phone:Okay guys!!! Gotta Hot One Here!!!! "Can you believe this idiot??? He wants his promises made in writing!!!"...AS IF!!!!.....Like THAT'S gonna happen!!!...guffaw,...laugh, .....chuckle,.......chottle...) No sense in a recruiter wasting his time promising you something in writing; either you take his word for it, or screw off, becuase some other person will take the job if you don't.

Don't like it?? Tough &h*t !! :P The speaker phone will give his fellow recruiters a good, well deserved laugh!!

Now, if this is the way their recruiters operate, then how will JB Hunt view you as a "valued employee??...Much better for drivers and noobs to learn the truth now, that after it's too late!!

Oh, well!!! Sheepdancer, I know that as you have said in the past, even the bad advertising helps you!!!

It's been my pleasure to assist!!
:P
Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Contempt for drivers?????
I just told him how to be removed and how it works.
ONCE AGAIN, I DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO REMOVE A DRIVER FROM OUR DATABASE. Yes, I made a joke about the drivers who scream, cuss and hangup....I do find them entertaining. I also told the driver that when you do that, its not going to get your removed. WHEN YOU DO THAT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FOR ME TO GET THEM REMOVED. LIKE I SAID, IF YOU WANT TO BE REMOVED FROM OUR DATABASE, I WANT TO REMOVE YOU. I dont want to waste my time calling people I cant hire.
Do I have contempt for drivers? Not at all, I respect the hell out of drivers.
Do I respect you as a driver, Useless? NOT ONE BIT.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Jeez, a little harsh, don't ya' think?

As with most things in life, a little courtesy goes a long way.

You can be an idiot and cuss out the recruiter or you can ask nicely and get rid of them. Believe me, I've been on the phones before and I darn sure went the extra mile for someone who talked to me like a human instead of being an idiot.

Or, you can do it your way and be on the list forever.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Do I respect you as a driver, Useless? NOT ONE BIT.

Thank You!! Coming from your ilk, I'll take that as a compliment!!

Used car salesman, drug dealers, and crooked businessmen don't respect me either; I'd just as soon keep it that way!!
:P :P

Closed Thread