User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Doing some research....

All, I am currently doing some research for a proposal I am writing. I was curious as to if anyone could tell me the following:

1. Names of some fleets (national or Midwest regional) that run 750 - 1000 power units - if they run Pete's the better.

2. Where I can find stats on driver abandonment figures, IE of fleets with between 200 and 600 power units - they average 4 cases of truck abandonment a year .....etc.

3. Any place where I could also find stats on truck theft or load theft, thefts per so many power units etc....

4. Looking for some direction on just what is available for satellite communications. Current requirements would be gps location and miles on the odometer. Something where a companies service/maint. team can monitor miles on the unit to forecast expected service requirements at the touch of a button. Ideally it would later be upgradable to full on cab to dispatch comms but immediate requirement would be simple location and miles. If the unit had some sort of "trip" meter that maint. could reset - and would update maint say 1500 miles out from scheduled PM service - perfect.