User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i wuldnt buy any fuel for knight no way no how that would have been taken care of before leaving the first fuel stop.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM

Sorry about your problems, I feel for you.
Writing comchecks and settling up with paper reciepts is something I did once and got burned. Besides, Im a driver, no bookkeeper...
Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Rookie

I feel for ya, have had a somewhat similar experience with a local carrier...

Your husband is the employee. Nothing wrong with being a good-natured person(I generally am myself), but after all of this, he's gonna have to stand up and say"Hey! There's an ongoing issue here.....I like working here, but I'm not a non-profit organization!".

Being level-headed is definitely a plus, but being firm is definitely called for in this situation.

Best of luck........
Old 01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Well, here we are again. They finally got his pay straightened out this last week. But 2 weeks ago today, his dispatcher called and asked if he would take a load to So Cal, saying that if he did, they would make sure they routed him right back this way. He went to L.A., delivered his load, sat for a day and a half, did some local work for 12$/hr, and sat some more.

The next day, they sent him to Reno (not only farther west, but north as well), where he did a few hours of local work and sat for another day.

He is now in San Diego, at a Sam's Club, where he's been sitting for 2 days. No truck stops anywhere around, so no showers, no clean laundry, no hope of getting home, it looks like.

He just sent a QC message asking if he should get a P.O. box and enroll in film school, or if they were going to eventually get him back to Texas, as they promised 2 weeks ago. 8) That was 3 hours ago and they have yet to answer.

So we have both come to the conclusion that YES!, we made a mistake. He is seriously considering quitting this job after driving only 2500 miles in 2 weeks. That is so not what he wanted, and it looks bad on paper, but what else can we do? We gotta make a living. And in the west, he has found out, there are no fuel stops. (Considering Knight will only use certain truck stops and only authorize 50 gals. at secondary fuel stops) and he has almost run out a few times. (Which he was told would be his dime on the road service).

Is everyone else REALLY happy with this company? Is he doing something wrong?? We're both confused (and broke) and wondering why we haven't heard anyone else posting these little problems with Knight.

When they finally route him back here, it will be a minimum of 3 weeks he's been out and then they tell him he can have 2 days hometime...this is crazy. Or am I crazy?? Thanks for listening to my rant.

:x
Old 01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Give Earl Henderson a call when I was there I NEVER had any problems with pay fuel cards miles or any issues like that. In fact I was always running out of hours and having to turn down loads for lack of hours normal week there was around 3500+ a week if not more.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 PM

ok Ive been with Knight for almost 2 yrs now and have never been limited to 50 gal, I have and still do top off the tank?
As far as sitting in Ca, yes that is a big problem with Knight, I try to avoid that area unless they pre plan me a load out.
As far as miles I never have much problem getting all I want, in fact there are times I have to tell them to back off.
I think the problem may be your dispatcher, Knight is full of bad ones.
Have him ask around and see if you can find one they are happy with, changing dispatchers with this co is no big deal, did it 5 times myself till I got one that I work really good with.
As far as the comdata money thing goes well...Yes when you do have a problem with that area Knights bookwork sucks..but stay after them and they will get it fixed over time.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:31 PM

If adam is still the terminal manager there,have him go in and talk to him about the problems.
Never known adam not to try and work things out.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I agree with Kcflacon. You have a dispatcher problem.

The way Knight works, each terminal is responsible for finding freight in that area and is also responsible for keeping the customers happy. When a truck from another area goes into the various regions your home terminal dispatcher has to work with the load planners from that area to secure freight for his truck(s). This takes some cooperation and a good working relationship and sometimes a little ingenuity to get things right.

Like any company, knight has its share of lazy people and people who do not play well with others. This is drivers, dispatchers, etc, and it sounds like to me he has a lazy dispatcher, or he has a new one who does not know how to work the system at all.

Before giving up try getting a new dispatcher. Go into the terminal managers office and tell him flat out that you are wanting to stay, but your current dispatchers style is not working out for you.

As far as the time off goes, flat out tell them you are taking 4 days off since you have been gone 3+ weeks. They may not like it but they will deal with it.

BTW: Tell your husband to never again except a load to CA or AZ unless he wants to be out at least 3 weeks. It takes some bouncing to get loads back to the midwest/eastern areas. If he stays east of the rockies he should not have much of a problem getting home.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Is your Hubby still sitting at that Sam's Club???

If so...He can head east out of Diego on I-8 to Otay Mesa...about 20 miles. There are two Truckstop's out there, one kinda small...the other mid-sized..both have showers..mid-sized one has cafe.

North out of Diego on I-15...about half way to Escondido there is a Mobil station that has 2 shower stall for trucker's..and there are a couple F/F restaurants there also. I cannot remember the Exit number..to many day's have gone by...but it is the exit off I-15 for Highway 78...the back way into Poway to the east..or for crossing over to I-5 on the west. About 20 miles form Diego...if memory is serving correctly this am.

I'm headed to work...and will probably remember 15 miles down the road what that exit number is.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Default What Knight co. are you with??

Are you with Knight refer, van, or flat?