Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Al
They pay crap! I cannot figure out why anyone, in this day and age, would consider driving for any company that pays less than 40 cents a mile. Makes no sense to me.
40 cpm is nothing to brag about. Linehaul drivers where I work make .53 cpm and home every day and weekend. 100% terminal-to-terminal drop-n-hook to boot. No messing around with all that time-wasting garbage at shippers/receivers/grocery warehouses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
Where is this job that you can be hired in ANY state straight out of school and get paid 40 CPM.
Yellow, Roadway, FedEx Freight, Conway, Central, Old Dominion, ABF, UPS Freight - to name but a few. All will train you to work the dock and get your CDL. Best of all, you don't owe your soul to the company store.
I prefer percentage, it's self adjusting, when the rates go up, my pay goes up, it usually works out better than mileage on a regular job
Old 01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Board Regular

Your bro could try Foodliner. They pay by the load and have system or regional drivers. I've been here 6 months. Company is very safety oriented, no driving over hour allowed.Electronic logs.
Some terminals have income guarantees depending on back haul availability.Do alot of work for Cargill and ADM
Monday to Friday operation with the occassional Saturday.I'm normally out 2 nights a week,though system drivers stay out all week
Equipment is new and well maintained.

Cyanide mentioned LCL.The drivers I know who work there complain they don't get 10 hour breaks and often can only log every other load to make things look legit. :shock:
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overweight
Your bro could try Foodliner. They pay by the load and have system or regional drivers. I've been here 6 months. Company is very safety oriented, no driving over hour allowed.Electronic logs.
Some terminals have income guarantees depending on back haul availability.Do alot of work for Cargill and ADM
Monday to Friday operation with the occassional Saturday.I'm normally out 2 nights a week,though system drivers stay out all week
Equipment is new and well maintained.

Cyanide mentioned LCL.The drivers I know who work there complain they don't get 10 hour breaks and often can only log every other load to make things look legit. :shock:
he started with Barr Nunn last week and seems to like it. they had a s.e. regional run that he wanted and got