User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default SWIFT Is Another Word For Liar

I trained with swift out of syracuse new york and was on the 6 week program, for 4 weeks I was doing well, my mentor was keeping a progress report on me and my driving and every week he and I had to sign and initial it, I was exactly where I was suposed to be in my training, but after the 4th week I took the road test and was failed, first off I was told by my mentor that he didnt let his trainees go out for the final road test before the 6 weeks was up and when I asked him why he was sending me out so soon he said because he thought I was ready and so I accepted that, well when I prepared for the test that was to be given by someone other than my mentor I brought a tractor around the lot and hooked to a trailor to pull, I did the tug test to make sure the trailor was locked into the 5th wheel and then I got out of the truck to hook up my air and electrical lines and do all the other procedures that I needed to do and what struck me as being strange is that the instructor didnt get out with me to grade me on what I was doing with the trailor and I was told by my mentor who allso gave road tests that he would get out and grade me on the trailor procedures, it allso struck me funny that the instructor said nothing to me at all he was totally silent on everything I did, and then I started to see that this was a setup and was going to be failed no matter what I did, I did great on the road test I didnt speed I stopped at all the stop signs and drove the truck like I had been driving for months, and then after I was done he didnt tell me if I passed or failed he said nothing the SOB, I got a call from driver services at swift 3 days later and was released from their employ, they stated it was because I failed the roadf test which I know I didnt fail and allso by swifts own rules your supoded to get 3 trys at the road test before they release you but I got only 1, I asked the driver services why I didnt get more than 1 try and they said they just decided not to keep me on and then I got a letter from them saying I was released because I was no longer able to perform my dutys and that I should apply for unemployment insurance.

Well I applied for unemployment as they asked me to do and then they told unemployment that I was fired because of misconduct and so that held things up for awhile, and now because they lied and slandered my name I am having a tough time getting a job as a driver, I tried everything short of suing them to get them to tell the truth, they even tried to cheat me out of a weeks pay and stated they owed me nothing and the dept, of labor investigated that and found that swift did infact owe me money for a week and so I got that back, what is with this company, the things they do to people are totally criminal, I know that what they do is illegal but the problem I found as even though its against the law there is noone to inforce that law and so I may be forced to bring a lawsuit against these creeps, any advice would of course be very welcomed.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Board Regular

Not trying to slam you, but there has to be more to this story. Why would a company go through all that with you and then dump you for no reason? You were singled out for some reason. I can't imagine them arbitrarily picking you out and screwing you for no good reason. It sounds like you and your trainer didn't hit it off, maybe. If you was out on the road with a mentor I'm assuming that anything anyone heard about you must have come from him. Did this guy have it in for you, or is there more going on you aren't telling?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Man, it would sure be helpful if you would go back, edit your post, and break it down into paragraphs!! Doing that would make your post much more readable.

There may be help to offer here, or there may not be; The eye strain from trying to decipher your posting was just too strong for me to bother trying to read your remarks completely.

In the brief skimming that I did do, I denoted a lot of attitude coming from you. I think that NevadaJim is probably right; there is another side to this story that you are not telling us.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:02 PM

I agree, a company dumps tons of $$ into training a driver, and a co such as Swift with a higher turnover rate, I feel would be more lienient.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 AM

The stories of every company out there dumping drivers for no reason worried me at first. But after reading more and more of them, I came to the realization there is a lot more to the stories than we are being told. No one is going to come onto the board here and tell the story how they screwed up over and over and then got fired. It's always the perfect employees that get canned. hmmm No offense, you might have been the perfect employee and just got screwed..it happens in life..welcome to the real world of the good ol' boys. I doubt it though...BOL in your job search.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Maybe he should change his handle from "Timerider315" to "Clockrider3:15"!!

That may explain why he's out of a job!!
:P
Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

Yeah, but at Swift it takes more than that to get canned as a trainee :lol: Short of killing anyone or failing a drug screen, I was pretty sure Swift would keep just about everyone when I was there....
Old 01-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndieselgrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless

Yeah, but at Swift it takes more than that to get canned as a trainee :lol: Short of killing anyone or failing a drug screen, I was pretty sure Swift would keep just about everyone when I was there....
Then I guess he should apply at CRST!!

Company
...of...
Reject
Swift
Trainees

Old 01-09-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member

i thought CRST was cant stop ramming trains
Old 01-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicxl
i thought CRST was cant stop ramming trains
I take it that you are referring to that video someone posted where the train creamed the CRST trailer that was stopped on the tracks???

That was CRST at it's finest hour!!

I'd sure hate to have to call the Safety Dept. and try to explain that one to them!!