User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lisa Motor Lines,FFE,AEL

Well,it is Christmas Eve. All the kids are excited about Santa coming tonite. The familes are having their dinners,and get-togethers. I have been out and about today,running last minute errands. Im sure a lot of yall here have passed through Wichita Falls. We have 2 major highways that pass through town. US 287,and US 82. Also,I might add,I-44,which runs from Burkburnett,TX to Okie City. I havent seen hardly any truck traffic,of which makes since,because most guys are able to be home on Christmas. While I was out while ago,I did see a couple trucks. Any other time,there are bookoos of trucks that come out of DFW,or going down to DFW on 287. Well,I saw an FFE truck,and I also saw a Lisa Motor Lines truck,pulling an American Eagle Lines trailer. All 3 are the same company out of Dallas. Well,it could be that those guys could be on their way home for Christmas. Then again,knowing those 3 companies,run all 48,and they haul anything that you can load in those trailers,they might have the nerve to keep their guys out,just so they can make however much those loads make. Just in case those drivers are gonna be gone,come on dispatchers,get your guys home for Christmas! If any of yall here drive for this outfit,and yall are not going to get home for Christmas Day,I wish that you can be home as soon as possable. I am home every night,but I used to be gone 4 or 5 months at a time,so I know how it is like,being out there. Those guys that I saw today,among all of yall that are out,I hope they make it home to be with their friends,and family on Christmas Day. Merry Christmas.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member

I hear ya that would suck to be out for Christmas How much extra pay do they give ya if you work Christmas driving OTR. I drive a honey dipper and am on-call right now and on Christmas i get 200bucks just for being on-call If it is not a holiday i only get $80 for being on-call. and if i do get called out i get double time right from the start and i also get the 8hr. pd Holiday. What do OTR company's give for working a Holiday???

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
I hear ya that would suck to be out for Christmas How much extra pay do they give ya if you work Christmas driving OTR. I drive a honey dipper and am on-call right now and on Christmas i get 200bucks just for being on-call If it is not a holiday i only get $80 for being on-call. and if i do get called out i get double time right from the start and i also get the 8hr. pd Holiday. What do OTR company's give for working a Holiday???
We haven't heard anything about my husband getting extra for working on Christmas, which he will be. Would be cool if he can get something extra for it. He doesn't drop on Christmas (nobody open) but will drop early the next day, so will be driving all day tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

if am not mistake your husband works for TMC. If they cant give him anything for working on Christmas i lost all respect for that company.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Senior Board Member

did TMC give him a choice to work or not to work.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:18 AM
Senior Board Member

He's still with a trainer ?
Old 12-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Her hubby drives for TransAm....he just finished his training and got his own truck a few days back
Old 12-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
if am not mistake your husband works for TMC. If they cant give him anything for working on Christmas i lost all respect for that company.
We were told in orientation that TMC guarantees on Christmas Day off. There is no guarantee for any other holiday. You do not get paid. On the other hand they offer a new driver with no experience the opportunity to make $60K the first year when other companies average around $30K to $35K with their holiday pay. It was an easy decision for me.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Devildice is right, hubby works for TransAm. He wasn't given a choice persay, but knew he wouldn't be home Thanksgiving or Christmas when he started orientation 3 days before Thanksgiving. I don't expect to see any extra but it sure would be nice.