User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CRETE (General Mills Dedicated)

I drive for crete as a new driver on GM. DED. w/ almost 1 year in so far. seems like i don,t get many miles and what i do get is mostly the shit runs. i have a perfect saftey record with no log violations and have never been late. just came back after doing reset and being sent to food wharehouse where i have to sit and wait. a whole 700 miles for two days. getting real discouraged. any advise or suggestions on what may be wrong and what i should do. i average about 4800 - 5000 miles going home every other weekend with a reset in the middle after first 6 days.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: CRETE (General Mills Dedicated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibcheese
I drive for crete as a new driver on GM. DED. w/ almost 1 year in so far. seems like i don,t get many miles and what i do get is mostly the $&!+ runs. i have a perfect saftey record with no log violations and have never been late. just came back after doing reset and being sent to food wharehouse where i have to sit and wait. a whole 700 miles for two days. getting real discouraged. any advise or suggestions on what may be wrong and what i should do. i average about 4800 - 5000 miles going home every other weekend with a reset in the middle after first 6 days.

so going home every other weekend your getting 2400-2500 miles a week ? ....That doesn't sound bad at .41 Cpm ,and going home every other weekend...Have you considered that the dedicated run your on plus going home every other weekend is the limiting fact on your miles .
Old 11-22-2006, 02:19 PM

yeper doodle.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 AM
Rookie

So is Patty your dispatcher? I was at Crete yesterday and met with Tonn.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 PM

Wow, sounds like he is getting Crete team miles. As in not enough
Old 11-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I drive for crete as a new driver on GM. DED. w/ almost 1 year in so far. seems like i don,t get many miles and what i do get is mostly the $&!+ runs. i have a perfect saftey record with no log violations and have never been late. just came back after doing reset and being sent to food wharehouse where i have to sit and wait. a whole 700 miles for two days. getting real discouraged. any advise or suggestions on what may be wrong and what i should do. i average about 4800 - 5000 miles going home every other weekend with a reset in the middle after first 6 days
Bibcheese ??? I won't ask :?

I have been with Crete for only three months, but am getting all the miles I want. My worst week was 2700 miles, and that was because I lost a day in the shop due to a deer attack, don't worry, I won. Other than that I've averaged between 3000 and 3200 miles, and last week I actually had almost 3500 miles. I keep very accurate records and these are actual paid miles. If I were you I would consider getting off the dedicated fleet and running 48. Best of luck to you.

[email protected]
Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertruckerr
My worst week was 2700 miles, and that was because I lost a day in the shop due to a deer attack, don't worry, I won.
damn! You too? DId you read my thread? http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=22507

Yeah dude I get tons of miles and my worst week has been 2600 miles due to a food whorehouse appointment snafu :roll:

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 11-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Board Regular

Crete_Drvr

I don't know whats up with the deer this year. I just posted this a short time ago: http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=22532

I've been driving for almost 10 years without so much as a scratch in any of my equipment until that night and havn't had as many close calls as I have had this year. Three days after getting my truck fixed, I missed another one that almost took off the same bumper(missed him by inches) and saw a four wheeler clip one less than 2 min after passing me.

[email protected]
Old 11-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Rookie

bibcheese your getting the normal amount of miles for Crete drivers,and if it stays consistent count your blessings.

And for evertruckerr who claims to be getting 3000+ I wouldn't go spreading that around because if you really are, thats an all time high for this company and if they figure it out you won't be getting that much anymore.

I'm sorry to say that I did a good deed for a fellow Crete driver and swapped loads with him so he could get home for Thanksgiving,my reward for doing this is a 550 mile run that I picked up on the 22nd and doesn't del.till the 27th
and I was told I cannot T-call.Needless to say not hanging around here to long.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
bibcheese your getting the normal amount of miles for Crete drivers,and if it stays consistent count your blessings.

And for evertruckerr who claims to be getting 3000+ I wouldn't go spreading that around because if you really are, thats an all time high for this company and if they figure it out you won't be getting that much anymore.

I'm sorry to say that I did a good deed for a fellow Crete driver and swapped loads with him so he could get home for Thanksgiving,my reward for doing this is a 550 mile run that I picked up on the 22nd and doesn't del.till the 27th
and I was told I cannot T-call.Needless to say not hanging around here to long.

Why not just call the consingee any way to atleast see if you can make early delviery ? I have many loads that on the qual-com specified no early delivery ...no calling the cons ,and even asked my dispatcher if I could go in early I was always told no ...But the first few times this happened i got to the cons ,and they shook their heads at it saying I could have called ,and come early ...So regardless of what the Qual-com or dispatch says I call the consingee to see if early delivery is acceptable . I think most of the time that information gets put in the customer profile because drivers had been late with loads ,and they figure a driver might call to deliver later ,But it don't matter to me if you hand me a load that is only 500 miles and the apointment time is 5 days away I'm calling the cons .