User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default In So Calif - Knight Transportation or Arrow Trucking?

I know there are probably posts about both, but I want to hear CURRENT loads, downtime, consistency, $$$, etc.

It's down to the wire and I want to make a decision ASAP. Who treats their drivers better...makes more consistent income...best level of honesty regarding hometime?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Senior Board Member

When I was at Knight the S. Ca drivers spent most of their time running LA, Vegas, Phoenix, and some run going to Reno area.

With all the "east coast" drivers hauling freight out to CA there was not enough loads to get those drivers home and get the CA drivers east of AZ. It did happen, but infrequently.

I never heard any complaining about a lack of runs to make a good paycheck, just that the runs were on the short side.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 PM

OK - so this is torturous! Where are all the west coast truckers with some insight! It looks like he's leaning toward Arrow - guess he's not too fearful of flatbeds as he has experience heavy machinery moving/rigging!

Where it's less clear? To go OTR (line haul) or Regional? Know there's pluses and minuses for both - any insight from anybody anywhere knowing somethin'?

Appreciate it!

Happy Holidays to all and I hope that all of you that are out there on Christmas at least get yourselves a nice holiday meal!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Well I'm a west coster, but I'm not a trucker yet, and the trucking company I'm leaning towards is Gordon ( if they will have me ). Every Gordon trucker I have talked to in person had nothing but "good" to say about there company.

Tomorrow when I hit the truck stop again if I see any Knight drivers I'll gab at them for a bit for ya.