User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Willis Shaw - Boise

Hello:
I just returned from WSE (Willis Shaw) Terminal in Boise. The company and employees seemed to be outstanding. I am enrolling in their Driver Training Program and am interested in getting some industry info on them. They seem to be very safety oriented, have equipment that is about two years ole... Mac, International and Freightliner. They haul mostly refrigerated materials. Does anyone have any supportive information on the company? Do they have a good reputation in the industry? Is there a big difference between hauling refer and dry goods? Their pay scale is a bit above other in-house driving schools and it seems to be a pretty good situation. I will need to give them one year of service or pay $3000 for the training. This includes all tests, physical, Drug and Health.... does anyone have any comments......?

FYI... WSE owns the school... although it's not advertised at all on their site... I found out about it by accident when speaking with an instructor at Boise State who teaches truck driving. As far as pay goes there is no pay for the first three weeks, which suits me as I live in Boise and it's about twenty-five minutes down I-84. All I will need is a lunch... then week four they pay $350 per week while I am sent out with a Trainer they say usually four to five weeks. Starting mileage pay is .2825 per mile plus bonuses and it is anticipated that the pay will top off the first year at about .33 a mile.... But, I am told after the first of the year there will be what they think is a substantial increase in the base of .2825..... In comparison to others it seems pretty tight.... the benefits start sixty days from the day I start with the Trainer... it's a participation on my part about forty bucks a month.... for major medical... dental and vision will run about another twelve bucks... any comments?
thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Board Regular

I started out my driving career with them in March of 03 till Oct.03 . They aren't bad if you don't mind staying out a month at a time . I had long lengths of haul , which enabled me to drive out west of the Mississippi at least half the time throughout the summer which was scenic . There equipment sucks , but other then that they aren't bad if you don't mind staying out awhile .
Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Rookie
Default A Few Questions...

I have recently graduated from a truck drivers school and am in search of a compatible company to drive for. I have looked at places like Werner, USXpress, BTC and so on. I would prefer to be local or only one to two nights out, but most places want experienced drivers for that. WSE looks like a smaller trucking company, and that really strikes my interest. I was just wondering if you still like it there and could give me some basics on them. Things like types of hauls, unloading, what kinds of places you deliver to, do you have much wait time between loads or while dropping a load, length of training, and are you always out a month at a time? A recruiter told me two weeks out at a time, and I really haven't seen any other comments about them. Any information you could give me would be very helpful! Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Rookie
Default Re: A Few Questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment
I have recently graduated from a truck drivers school and am in search of a compatible company to drive for. I have looked at places like Werner, USXpress, BTC and so on. I would prefer to be local or only one to two nights out, but most places want experienced drivers for that. WSE looks like a smaller trucking company, and that really strikes my interest. I was just wondering if you still like it there and could give me some basics on them. Things like types of hauls, unloading, what kinds of places you deliver to, do you have much wait time between loads or while dropping a load, length of training, and are you always out a month at a time? A recruiter told me two weeks out at a time, and I really haven't seen any other comments about them. Any information you could give me would be very helpful! Thanks!
I followed up on Willie Shaw about 45 days ago... the main recruiting office turned out to be real... and I mean real flakes.... they put things in my file... like previous employment.... that I never submitted... I would stay away from Willie.... they seem pretty slick...