User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default roehl transportation

can anyone tell me the good and bad of them thinking this might be the one for me :evil:
Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Roehl

Check roehldriver.com besides doing an archives search here, at layover.com/lounge, truck.net, and ooida.com. BOL
Old 12-05-2006, 05:00 PM

my bad i start school this month to get my CDL but i want to start recruiting company b4 i get in school i start on 11 or26 i just wanted to here from driver who might have driven or drive for roehl or who might encounter some of there driver to let me know what's up with them. I'm going to attend a city college on the wia program.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:46 AM

Solodad works for them. I was told that they are a good company to start with.......

Good luck.....
Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 AM
Board Regular

Soladad here....I have been with them just 3 weeks shy of a year. Overall good starter company. Like any company they have good and bad points but for the most I would say for you to look into them. I have been running van nation wide. They are fair but sometimes hometime can be an issue at times especially if you haven't run the days required to "earn" the hometime. If you want any specific questions answered just PM me. I will get to you but I have limited time and access to the net when out on the road (which is most of the time)

Soladad
Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 AM

I started with roehl and now I'm with Crete. The miles have been great here up until the last 2 weeks. The reason I left roehl was crappy management and terrible pay.

If you get a dispatcher that you don't get along with at roehl... better start sucking up to upper mgmt to get a new one.

I agree they're not a bad place to start but spread your wings after you get that first year under your belt.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Rookie

Hey...I DRIVE FOR ROEHL, and some disgruntle "x" employee noted in his/her response something to this effect..."Poor pay and a good "starter" company"?

What in the world are you talkin' about?!?!

Hey...if ANYONE is wanting to know about the company, EMAIL ME directly. I just "stumbled" onto this site, and will most likely not visit it again...get in touch with me at, [email protected]

I have NOTHING but good to say about them, and someone said a good "starter" company? What in the world do you mean?!

Roehl is in the top 100 largest trucking companies in the US 1st of all. It is the 50th largest company in the state of Wisconsin 2ndly. It ranks #1 with Safe State ratings 3rdly. 4th, it is very competitive with their pay. On and on, and on I could go...

I currently run in the "Home Time" fleet. And consider this (whomever might be considering the company), the company probably has more CHOICES than any other company?

~~~National
~~~Regional (several regions by the way)
~~~Dedicated
~~~Flatbed
~~~Van
~~~Curtainside
~~~7 on and 7 off (Home Time fleet)
~~~7 on/4 off...7 on/3 off (Home Time fleet)
~~~Seasonal (if you live in the Marshfield area), hauling gravel, etc
~~~Probably a few choices I left out? Visit the site to be certain.

I'll tell you what...if anyone is considering moving over to Roehl, email me...my wife will call me if I'm out on the road, and I WILL CALL YOU personally!!! You can speak WITH me! I'll even do better...if you choose to move over to Roehl, I will PERSONALLY pay you $50!

You say why? Hey...Roehl will be paying you a sign on bonus either way, and too many drivers speak with other drivers within the company and forget to note just who it was they spoke with, or the driver who helped them finally commit to driving for such and such company right?

Ok...Roehl will pay me a small bonus for your signing up. You have to log I think it's 10k or something like that. Once they pay me, I will cut you a personal check myself! Now NOOOOOOOOO other driver I'm sure has been even willing to make you that offer before.

I will give you the name of my dispatcher, along with any other pertinent info you might need.

Either way...I dare you to contact me if you're contemplating a move to Roehl. You can do your own due diligence and research the matter, but you can actually SPEAK with me!

If you choose to do so, in the email note the following so I'm not scratching my head thinking just who your are...in the email note this email. You might be better served to just copy/paste the email? Don't forget to leave your phone number if you'd like me to call you.

I leave in the morning (Saturday Dec 9th), and won't be back till next Friday at some point in time.

Hoping to hear from you, and I can dispell any inaccurate info you have, or it might just be settling to actually SPEAK with a driver!

Best to you in whichever company you choose.

Kevin
[email protected]
Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman
Hey...I DRIVE FOR ROEHL, and some disgruntle "x" employee noted in his/her response something to this effect..."Poor pay and a good "starter" company"?
What I meant was, you can do much worse, Werner for example starts you at 26 CPM.

Quote:
I can dispell any inaccurate info you have, or it might just be settling to actually SPEAK with a driver!
I drove for them for a year, almost lost my home and cars, so I think my opinion is based on fact.

Quote:
I'll tell you what...if anyone is considering moving over to Roehl, email me...my wife will call me if I'm out on the road, and I WILL CALL YOU personally!!! You can speak WITH me! I'll even do better...if you choose to move over to Roehl, I will PERSONALLY pay you $50!

You say why? Hey...Roehl will be paying you a sign on bonus either way, and too many drivers speak with other drivers within the company and forget to note just who it was they spoke with, or the driver who helped them finally commit to driving for such and such company right?

Ok...Roehl will pay me a small bonus for your signing up. You have to log I think it's 10k or something like that. Once they pay me, I will cut you a personal check myself! Now NOOOOOOOOO other driver I'm sure has been even willing to make you that offer before.
Gee... no reason to sugar-coat things, huh? :roll: and many other members on this site try that crap all the time. I'm on e of them, if anyone joins Crete with my name and truck number I'll give 'em $250... eat that :roll:

Quote:
I just "stumbled" onto this site, and will most likely not visit it again
good riddance

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 12-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

What in the world are you talkin' about?!?!

Hey...if ANYONE is wanting to know about the company, EMAIL ME directly. I just "stumbled" onto this site, and will most likely not visit it again...get in touch with me at, [email protected]

I have NOTHING but good to say about them, and someone said a good "starter" company? What in the world do you mean?!

Roehl is in the top 100 largest trucking companies in the US 1st of all. It is the 50th largest company in the state of Wisconsin 2ndly. It ranks #1 with Safe State ratings 3rdly. 4th, it is very competitive with their pay. On and on, and on I could go...

I currently run in the "Home Time" fleet. And consider this (whomever might be considering the company), the company probably has more CHOICES than any other company?

~~~National
~~~Regional (several regions by the way)
~~~Dedicated
~~~Flatbed
~~~Van
~~~Curtainside
~~~7 on and 7 off (Home Time fleet)
~~~7 on/4 off...7 on/3 off (Home Time fleet)
~~~Seasonal (if you live in the Marshfield area), hauling gravel, etc
~~~Probably a few choices I left out? Visit the site to be certain.

I will give you the name of my dispatcher, along with any other pertinent info you might need.

Either way...I dare you to contact me if you're contemplating a move to Roehl. You can do your own due diligence and research the matter, but you can actually SPEAK with me!

If you choose to do so, in the email note the following so I'm not scratching my head thinking just who your are...in the email note this email. You might be better served to just copy/paste the email? Don't forget to leave your phone number if you'd like me to call you.

I leave in the morning (Saturday Dec 9th), and won't be back till next Friday at some point in time.

Hoping to hear from you, and I can dispell any inaccurate info you have, or it might just be settling to actually SPEAK with a driver!

Best to you in whichever company you choose.

Kevin
[email protected]
kman the pay is ok not great but ok they back it up with miles, hometime
is as borat would say; wuu wuu wuu very niiice.
yes they r a safe company. your just droppin in to advertise but not pay anything to cad for such.
what your never coming bac, crete drvr will be heart broken.
what bothers me is any individual that has driven a truck knows what 'starter company' implys come on whats up with you.
roehl is as everyone says a good starter company. the bonus, policy bs which changes shape more then a playdough is a significant annoyance for an experienced driver.
i am another former roehl driver and will agree with crte driver it is a good starter company.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:54 PM