User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potenza
I started orientation in Columbia, SC on the 11th. The day before are log class we were told that if we were caught running illegal that you would be fired; in are log class the next day are instructor was giving tips to cut corners of the logs & tricks to fake the logs. Also with 3 different people are instructor brought up medical info in front of the class that pertained to the person which is a violation of HIPPA. So Thurs before lunch I called my recruiter to tell him what was going on. He had me talk to his supervisor to get a an investigation going. I told them that I wanted to leave & they kept asking what it would take for me to finish orientation. I told them I was willing to work with them ( I didn't know if the issue was the Columbia location or a TMC wide issue) I wanted sent home then to be sent to Des Monies the 1st opportunity. I was told to call back in an hour. After calling & leaving messages several times Thurs I was left stranded to get myself home Fri. Currently looking at other companies since TMC has yet to contact me.
As far as the log class goes I THINK you may be referring to how an instructor was showing you how to "cut corners" so as to maximize your drive time while remaining LEGAL according to the letter of the law. Having said this, here's how I did MY log. In the beginning, I ran according to the law and "logging it as I did it". This simply does NOT work in the trucking world. Doing it this way I found myself driving when I was tired and taking my LEGAL break when I was wide awake. This SUCKED. Eventually I drove as much as I could when I felt good (rested) and took my sleep break anytime I felt tired. This didn't always match with what the law wanted but since the lawmakers themselves are still fighting over and changing the HOS (hours of service) rules, I ran how I SAW FIT and made my logbook legal. I never drove "hot" because a dispatcher or TMC required me to and I never went too far outside the law but I'll be DAMNED if I'm gonna run unsafe just because the law thinks they know when I should and shouldn't sleep.
Get trained, get into your own truck, and run it the way YOU see fit. That's what I've done and it has served me well so far.
TMC does NOT condone breaking the law and WILL shut you down if you disregard it.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Rookie

What he was teaching wasn't "cutting corners" it was faking logs. I called Jason my recruiter to tell him what was going on to qoute Jason he he called what was going on in SC "half *****" They don't condone & shouldn't be teaching what he was & they are investigating it. I was in a class of 22 by thetime I left he had lost half the class & the other class what was consirned about what was going on & having thoughts of leaving.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:14 AM
Rookie

hmmm i was in the dec 4th class,which is the one before yours and i had no such problems,we had 20 in our class and lost folks to the drug test,high blood pressure,lieing on the back ground search and such and everyone that had to leave had a reason that was not their fault,lol
Old 12-22-2006, 01:51 AM

Thats one of the biggest reasons i had left TMC my trainer was showing me how to cheat on my log book he said everyone does it
Old 12-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Rookie
Default TMC Info

I have been with TMC for a while, it has its good points as well as bad. I have found a niche with the company and am reasonably happy. I still have times when I get mad about not getting home when I want or taking some crap load but that is anywhere. TMC has consistently paid my bills. Flatbed Fred is a kissass FYI. He is way to excited, he is only interested in making money for recruiting. I wont lie to you, are you gonna get home every w/e... sometimes you will. I just got home from 6 weeks out, yes I spent thanksgiving on the road b/c there was no freight going towards my house and no drivers willing to swap out. I get home about 80% of the time I ask to. This time of year freight is awful but that is typical, from thanksgiving til about march flatbed freight is generally slow. HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!! If you got people complaining about it, thats b/c they are rookies who have not worked through more than one winter. The trick to flatbedding is to enjoy the slow winter months and bust out the summer.
If you are looking to start flatbedding TMC is a good place, they have one of the best training routines out there. Most drivers that I know who are trainers really take it seriously. Flatbedding is dangerous, it takes a soecial kind of person to handle it. I teach my trainees everything I can to help them do thier job safely. Our companies stance on safety is pretty strong. If you want to do it right, look good doing it, and make decent money this is the place. I will bw happy to answer any questions, my email is [email protected]
Old 12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I started orientation in Columbia, SC on the 11th. The day before are log class we were told that if we were caught running illegal that you would be fired; in are log class the next day are instructor was giving tips to cut corners of the logs & tricks to fake the logs
:!:

I find this hard to be true, Dennis and Shaun the guys that do orientation in Columbia are straight up. They didnt get to where they are by breaking company policy and teaching newbies how to cheat logs. What more than likely happened is that you dont know the rules concerning logs as well as you think an misunderstood what they were saying. I am certain they were explaining to you how to maximize your breaks and drivetime to get you load where it needs to be.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: TMC Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCTrainer9224
I have been with TMC for a while, it has its good points as well as bad. I have found a niche with the company and am reasonably happy. I still have times when I get mad about not getting home when I want or taking some crap load but that is anywhere. TMC has consistently paid my bills. Flatbed Fred is a kissass FYI. He is way to excited, he is only interested in making money for recruiting. I wont lie to you, are you gonna get home every w/e... sometimes you will. I just got home from 6 weeks out, yes I spent thanksgiving on the road b/c there was no freight going towards my house and no drivers willing to swap out. I get home about 80% of the time I ask to. This time of year freight is awful but that is typical, from thanksgiving til about march flatbed freight is generally slow. HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!! If you got people complaining about it, thats b/c they are rookies who have not worked through more than one winter. The trick to flatbedding is to enjoy the slow winter months and bust out the summer.
If you are looking to start flatbedding TMC is a good place, they have one of the best training routines out there. Most drivers that I know who are trainers really take it seriously. Flatbedding is dangerous, it takes a soecial kind of person to handle it. I teach my trainees everything I can to help them do thier job safely. Our companies stance on safety is pretty strong. If you want to do it right, look good doing it, and make decent money this is the place. I will bw happy to answer any questions, my email is [email protected]
Well there's ALWAYS gotta be ONE in a crowd and I guess the "one" is you. I've NEVER spoken bad about a TMC employee before but I guess there is a first time for EVERYTHING so here goes.. You are an A$$HOLE. I make NOTHING for recruiting and if you'd like to bet on it. I'll bet you five grand and PAY YOUR PLANE FARE or have your truck routed to my town if you would like to come and see my pay stub records to check for yourself. I made an agreement a WHILE back with TMC AGAINST getting ANY recruiting bonus for the work I do as it would have tarnished my image and been held against me just as YOU are ATTEMPTING to do now. Like I said, I'll even go as far as to have dispatch route you HERE with a load so you won't loose any time or money to "see for yourself". I do what I do because I was a web designer in the past and it is easy for me and I TRULY enjoy helping people. Ask ANYONE I've spoken to on here. I am NOT a kiss ass and ALL of my fleet managers have had MORE than their share of attitude from me. I am a New Yorker with a bad attitude towards those morons (yourself included) out there who give me $hit.The only "perk" I get from TMC for my efforts is a toll free number routed to my cell phone, a NEW truck to drive, and respectful pleasant treatment from my friends in Des Moines. If there is any way you think I may be able to help "prove you wrong" feel free to let me know any time. Until then, shut your pie hole before I meet you on the road and teach you a few things that you have obviously not learned yet as a trainer. Another option for you (if you are James Lee D.) is to CALL recruiting and speak to Matt or Clint and ask THEM what I make.
Oh yeah, Happy Holidays All.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Rookie

Your full of $hit Fred. Im routed to San Diego for Friday come find if you want to back up what you say, I dont waste my time on turds like you. You think you are such a hotshot, people in des moines talk so much $hit about you and you dont even realize. Crawl back under the rock you came out from under and shutup.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCTrainer9224
Your full of $hit Fred. Im routed to San Diego for Friday come find if you want to back up what you say, I dont waste my time on turds like you. You think you are such a hotshot, people in des moines talk so much $hit about you and you dont even realize. Crawl back under the rock you came out from under and shutup.
Hmmm, guess I can't help EVERYONE. No matter to me. I'm home EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEKEND, and will ALWAYS be happier than YOU. Sorry you are so bent out of shape. And yes, I AM a "Hot Shot". Sorry Alabama boy.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Earth, North America, North, East, 9th State, 42° 56' 1" N, 72° 16' 41" W
Default STFU

Can't we all just get along AND just have ONE FRIKKEN TMC THREAD?

No wait, everyone keep posting nastygrams to each other on this one and CAD will just kill it.