User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Central Transport

Anybody know anything about Central Transport? They are looking for some drivers, promise no evenings or weekends. It's local, and they only require 6 months experience and a Hazmat.

Anybody know anything about them?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

With any LTL company conditions will vary by terminal so keep that in mind. But yes, I worked there for a month. Definately at the bottom as far as LTL is concerned but...It beats sleeping in a truck if you prefer to work local. They keep you busy as they do have the freight, they also have high turnover. Once someone gets experience they move on to a better LTL company. Not sure I would believe the evenings as you would have no seniority but I'm sure they wouldnt lie to you :shock: ! Weekends should be no problem unless you volunteer. Like I said its OK to get off the road but I would move on to someone else as soon as the opportunity came up (ie) Fed Ex, UPS Freight, Yellow, ABF, USF, R&L, Roadway to mention a few. One problem however with the better companies is its harder to get seniority so hours (when and how many) can suck the first couple years. You shouldnt have this problem with Central so thats a plus.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7
But yes, I worked there for a month. Definately at the bottom as far as LTL is concerned but...It beats sleeping in a truck
What specifically made them the "bottom"? Last I knew, CCX was hiring right out of school in my area. But that means 3 months of working the docks. How would you rate them against CCX.

I really like the company I work for, but I want to run locally, and I think with them I will always be regional.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 AM

iv been there 6 years if u want to know about them look at some of my post.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 AM

iv check my post and some have been delited.the good s### happend last year.lol...
iv been through h$ll with this company.going to try to leave at the first of the year.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Rookie

Yeah, the search feature will give you other results including one where I told another driver asking about them to run as fast as possible away from them. I worked for their sister company Charlotte Express, but I pulled CT trailers and went to CT junk yards or "terminals" as they call them. Don't get involved with this company, they will treat you like total poop. You'll also be a minority as they crate in drivers from foreign countries who speak very little english. You'll also notice that nobody that works at the company is very friendly because they are sick of being screwed over too and they don't want to hear your story. Other CT drivers won't wave to you when you pass them or are even passed going the same direction. I could go on and on...but I won't, do yourself a favor and don't even consider them.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've never pulled for em', but I talk to their drivers alot on my route. Very few have anything good to say about the company. Most are just biding thier time until something better comes along.

One poor sap peddles freight pulling a 53' with swing doors in the city. I $hit you not! No overtime after 40. Not enough pallet jacks to go around, which makes for a fun day after you've been shotgun-loaded by some alky reefer-addict from the local temp agency.

They're basically the Swift Transportation of the LTL world.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:46 AM

omg!!!!!!!!!!
i think im that city driver you are talking about. lol
Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerdave
Yeah, the search feature will give you other results including one where I told another driver asking about them to run as fast as possible away from them. I worked for their sister company Charlotte Express, but I pulled CT trailers and went to CT junk yards or "terminals" as they call them. Don't get involved with this company, they will treat you like total poop. You'll also be a minority as they crate in drivers from foreign countries who speak very little english. You'll also notice that nobody that works at the company is very friendly because they are sick of being screwed over too and they don't want to hear your story. Other CT drivers won't wave to you when you pass them or are even passed going the same direction. I could go on and on...but I won't, do yourself a favor and don't even consider them.
SOUNDS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO WORK AT ESTES EXPRESS LINES
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Well I worked at CCX (Conway) too before they layed me off. CCX has overtime after 8/40-Central nada, CCX has full family medical, disability, vision, and dental for roughly$10 a week (free for just you)-Central bennies suck, CCX top pay is 22.50 and .54 mi-central is 20 and .42? CCX is a professional operation-central is (see above posts!). CCX supplies uniforms and laundry service, central you trash your own clothes. But again, if you have less than a year your choices are limited. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed! As for 3 months of dock at CCX its more like forever! They dont have dockworkers the drivers are the dock workers. But that's a part of LTL, I worked the dock at central, it just goes with the territory. There are exceptions at every company and at every terminal but seniority has alot to do with it. Give central a try, it wont hurt to learn LTL from them and go somewhere better after you have experience. It will make you a better hire for someone else if you can tell them you know what you're doing. LTL is a specialty and if you can do it you'll always find a job in it. I will caution you though, if you end up at CCX they will have you on call and its feast or famine. In the summer you'll work alot but in the winter you might only get 20 hrs. Thats hard to do if you have a family. If you want to learn more about LTL go to www.truckingboards.com