User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I worked at Central for 7 long months. I was expected to break the hos laws and when I didn't my hours were cut to below 40 by the terminal manager. They have introduced the three strike rule. It is gives you three strikes then you are dismissed. You could get a strike for as little as getting somone's signature and if they can't read it when the paper work is turned in you get a strike. Their insurance is terrible. I had to pay $100 for a prescription that would cost someone with good insurance about $15. I was eventually starved out. Most of there company equipment was never pm'd so it just sat brokedown in the yard and rental equipment was used. I didn't have a problem finding another job as I have over twenty years exp. But I would work elsewhere if possible.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Rookie

I am in a few thousand dollars in debt from a few medical bills while working there too. In 14 months of working for them, we only went to the doctor a handfull of times between my wife and I and our 2 children. They have no gyno coverage for your wife and daughters, no well checkups for your children (1 a yr checkups covered by every other ins company), no vision coverage. You have to pay several thousand (family cov) out of pocket before your ins kicks in EVERY year. They also use (what is considered a joke by those in the medical community) an aweful network for doctor coverage (or lack off...). It's Beech Street. I had several receptionists and secretaries either laugh or offer their condolences when we told them our network coverage. They own the insurance company also....big surprise there huh?

One last word on medical coverage, I was fired for something that was out of my control and not my fault, but they canceled my insurance 2 days before they fired me! As for the three strike rule, they canned me for one minor incident.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Rookie

Hey TruckerDave sorry to hear about your insurance problems with Central. I'm single and it put me in dept also. I have blue cross blue shield at a better company but the insurance companies still try to get out of paying for things or only pay half. Hope your doing ok now. Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:42 PM

Wow... how can a company be this consistantly bad and stay in business?
Thanks for the info guys. I am interested in LTL mainly to get home and work a more regular schedule. I'm not afraid of doing some dockwork....I am a flatbedder after all. CCX is the only company I know of around here that will take drivers with under a year's experience.

How many hours are you guys working?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Board Regular

Central Transport is still a wholly-owned Jerry Moyes company. You remember Jerry Moyes, founder of SWIFT Transportation ? He was removed from Swift for stock manipulation two years ago. He is now trying to re-purchase Swift and take them private. Here in the West English seems to be their second favorite language and they have had quite a few accidents lately. Constantly advertising for drivers at their Rialto terminal. Moyes purchased Central a few years back around the same time he bought the assets of what was left of Dick Simon, now Central Refrigerated, another Jerry Moyes company. Our union, (the Teamsters) own quite a bit of stock in his companies so we can have 2 seats on the Board of Directors. It drives him nuts...We like to keep our enemies close....
Old 12-01-2006, 12:51 AM

ur wrong buster brown. matty moroun ownes central transport int. inc.
he also owns the ambasador bridge in mich.decker transport.link,unaversal amcam,charlotte express,pro lagistics,plus gls leaseco,and who knows what elese.im having to work through lunch every day,was told i made enough to have to work through lunch.this happend today when they carried me in the anger chamber.lol
Old 12-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protrkdriver
ur wrong buster brown. matty moroun ownes central transport int. inc.
he also owns the ambasador bridge in mich.decker transport.link,unaversal amcam,charlotte express,pro lagistics,plus gls leaseco,and who knows what elese.im having to work through lunch every day,was told i made enough to have to work through lunch.this happend today when they carried me in the anger chamber.lol
You're right and I believe Pam is in his daughter's name.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Board Regular

If I'm wrong, then perhaps you can tell me why Jerry Moyes is constantly referred to as the "owner and principal shareholder" of Central Transport in the Arizona Republic ? He's also listed as a principal by the Texas State Commerce Commission. Maybe he sold it for all I know, but there's a whole lot of "Swift" left in that company...Oh and BTW, that's Mr. "Buster Brown"...www.teamster.org/05news/nr_050503_1.htm I hope I copied this link correctly..
Old 12-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I i went to the wonderful world of Google and found that Swift and Moyes were associated with Central Freight not Central Transport
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
I i went to the wonderful world of Google and found that Swift and Moyes were associated with Central Freight not Central Transport
I wanted to say it but I wasnt sure. Those two companies have been confused before. Central Transport used to be teamsters and they got rid of them by using owner operators to pull their trailers. Most of them were lease operators renting their truck from a CT owned company. Eventually the employees and the union were squeezed out. That's why I found it hard to believe there is any teamsters anywhere near CT. They laid down and did nothing to help the employees. Now that they're gone CT is going back to company drivers (non-union) and screwing over the lease/owner operators. All the sub companies are one big tangled web that all lead back to Central Transport Inc.