User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2006, 04:23 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Melton truck lines

Melton has been recruting me. I'm moving to El Paso and they have a terminal there. And want to run mostly I-10. any one work for them? Looked at a lot of posts and haven't seen much about them.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:11 AM
Rookie

No terminal , just a drop yard .
Old 12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Melton truck lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Melton has been recruting me. I'm moving to El Paso and they have a terminal there. And want to run mostly I-10. any one work for them? Looked at a lot of posts and haven't seen much about them.
My brother runs into Texas most his time, and does a lot of work off the 10. However he said Melton tends to run mostly north to south not east to west, so don't plan on only doing a i-10 route. Another thread with some more info:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=23019
Old 12-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Rookie

I worked for Melton for a while. I thought they were a pretty good company to work for. The problem I had was the fact that I went to the NE every week, I was told after I started working for them that b/c of where I lived that, that would be my running lane. There was only so much of NYC and NJ I could take b4 I went somewhere else. Other than that, good pay decent miles and a fairly good dispatch team. The terminal in El Paso is just a drop yard, the one in Tulsa is really nice as well as the one in Birmingham.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Board Regular

hey folks, thanks for the info. I read on here somewhere that Hunt had a dedicated from Yuma, AZ to florida. Think I'll talk to them as well. the thing about trucking is, be careful what you ask for... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Board Regular

BTW Happy Holidays!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCTrainer9224
I worked for Melton for a while. I thought they were a pretty good company to work for. The problem I had was the fact that I went to the NE every week, I was told after I started working for them that b/c of where I lived that, that would be my running lane. There was only so much of NYC and NJ I could take b4 I went somewhere else. Other than that, good pay decent miles and a fairly good dispatch team. The terminal in El Paso is just a drop yard, the one in Tulsa is really nice as well as the one in Birmingham.
Strange, I have been with Melton for almost 3 years, other than the 4 months I took off last year.
Anyway, during my years here with Melton, I have only gone to the NYC area I think 3 or 4 times.
Most of the time I have been sent in the mid west states to east, TX - FL, north to PA, West to IL and the likes.
I don't mind getting up in New England area.
NYC though? NJ? Yeah, okay, I don't know many of our drivers that get up in that area at all.

Charles
Old 02-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCTrainer9224

I find this strange as well. I was at Melton for a while and I only went to nyc twice because I asked for it. I spent a month and a half on the west coast one trip and ran I 10 e-w for quite a while too ran several loads across there. I wont say I didnt run the north east but Most of thetimes I was sent there I was in mt'd and back out to texas fl or the west. The east coast was a rarety at melton(probably the reason I liked them so much) wish i could get hired back on with them...