Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
I worked for Barr-Nunn for 8 months. When the freight is moving very, very well, yours will move OK. When the freight is moving slowly industry wide, you will sit for days without a run.
The final straw with Barr-Nunn for me was when I was sent to Elizabethtown, NJ for an 8:00pm delivery. I arrived at 7:00pm and no one was there. It turned out that the load did not deliver until 8:00am the next morning. Not a horrible problem, but it gets better.
The receiver was a very small steel cable manufacturer and their dock was set up to handle only 48 ft. trailers. In the morning, I woke up and was surrounded by 40 or 50 little cars and was told that I could not bring a 53 ft trailer in. My dispatcher, genious that he was, said, "we only have 53 ft trailers, deal with it".
I did the whole 45 degree angle thing and finally got the load off.
This was the 5th or 6th screwed up dispatch that I had received in as many months.
THAT ended my Barr-Nunn career. I don't screw up my deliveries and I expect the same from my Dispatchers.
Anyway, you may like Barr-Nunn, but I just couldn't hang with them.
Good Luck!!
You quit over one tough dock :shock: pull a reefer you will quitting jobs weekly!! I work a foodservice job and daily have to get a 48 foot trailer into restaraunts and shoping centers that were not made for trucks.
You obviously don't know how to read. He said it was one of many screw ups he has experienced. Also trying to compare a local job with an OTR job is not exactly smart.
He's not talking about local foodservice either. I seen the places that he mentioned(it was my old route), most drivers would quit.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-11-2007, 01:35 AM

No, I didn't quit over 1 tough dock. I have been to some rather tough docks and I know that it is part of the job, however the ones Barr-Nunn sent me to were AVOIDABLE ACCIDENTS just waiting to happen. This was the 5th or 6th unGodly dock they had sent me to in as many months. My dispatcher was brand new and didnt know his nose from a hole in the ground and our boss wouldnt give me another one.
Anyway, I also spent two holiday weekends away from home in Mass. and in New Hampshire, and I was on the "Guaranteed Weekend Hometime" Fleet that supposedly only ran the Southeast. I guess they have moved the Southeast up to Mass and New Hamp., ....... anyway, you may laugh your butt off at this, but I went to JB and have been EXTREMELY happy there ever since.
Not 1 bad dock have I seen, and after training my dispatcher how I like to run, everything has been fine.
As I said, you might have different luck with Barr-Nunn, but as for me, I would rather take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, than have to go back to work for them.
Good luck with whatever you decide.