User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Michigan (SWIFT DRIVERS)

Would like to get the REAL story about Swift in Michigan. Been seeing mostly negative things about Swift and very few good things. The trainer at Muskegon Community College says he hasn't heard any bad stuff. So guy's what's the scoop? Are you making a descent living with Swift? How are they treating you? Did you take there schooling? How was that. What kind of miles are you newer drivers getting and how has home time been? Thinking of going through MCC for CDL training. They have recruiters from Swift, Covenant, Modular Trucking and Schneider. Feel free to email me
Old 11-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Rookie

Wingman, I really cain't answer your question but I have a good friend that went to SWIFT and he seems to be pretty happy there. He drove OTR awhile and now is on a J.C.Penny dedicated run and is home every night and every weekend now. He said he makes the same amount as he did running OTR. IMO I think a company is only as good as you make it out to be. A positive attitude will go along way. But do pleanty of research first and don't jump into the first thing that comes along.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

I guess it all boils down to what you are looking for from a company. It's all what you make of it. I've worked for them for 9 months and I'm fine with them. Sure there is some bad, but that varies from one person to the next.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock
I guess it all boils down to what you are looking for from a company. It's all what you make of it. I've worked for them for 9 months and I'm fine with them. Sure there is some bad, but that varies from one person to the next.
That's it in a nutshell. I worked for Swift for two years (including out of the Columbus, OH terminal), and generally speaking, was rather happy for the majority of it. Not going to say I didn't want to throttle my driver manager on some days, or that I dreamed of greener pastures (don't we all?) - but when it boils down to it, even though I'm no longer with the company, I wouldn't have changed anything if I was able to go back in time. They were a good company to get my feet wet, and when I outgrew them and needed other opportunities, I moved on.