User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
BS!!! Sysco and Rhinehart AND your beloved Gordon ALL work weekends! These guys are up at the crack of dawn and don't roll into the homestead till the cows come home.
WRONG!!!!!!! Not all foodsrvice companies work weekends. I havn't worked one in three years. And I do not work holidays either!

Quote:
Yeah, Sysco and most every other foodservice company puts in 12-15 hour days easy.
WRONG! The only time I worked more then a 12 hour day was when I ran the regionlal route. I'm lucky if I put in 10 hours !

I do anywhere from 8-15 stops a day, 300-700 cases and less then 150 miles the whole day.

What you all looked at are the big name foodservice companies. the little local ones, like I work for, do not kill the drivers with work. We make decent money and still have time to ourselves.

And yes. LTL does pay better in most areas. OD starts there drivers out at $11.00/HR around here. PJAX isn't much higher either. No thanks, I tale my pay over that anyday.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R
Quote:
BS!!! Sysco and Rhinehart AND your beloved Gordon ALL work weekends! These guys are up at the crack of dawn and don't roll into the homestead till the cows come home.
WRONG!!!!!!! Not all foodsrvice companies work weekends. I havn't worked one in three years. And I do not work holidays either!

WRONG! The only time I worked more then a 12 hour day was when I ran the regionlal route. I'm lucky if I put in 10 hours !

I do anywhere from 8-15 stops a day, 300-700 cases and less then 150 miles the whole day.
I don't know who you work for but your job is the EXCEPTION, not the NORM for foodservice delivery.

Quote:
300-700 cases
Ugh...0 is more to my liking

Quote:
And yes. LTL does pay better in most areas. OD starts there drivers out at $11.00/HR around here. PJAX isn't much higher either. No thanks, I tale my pay over that anyday.
Please get your facts straight. I don't pull for OD but I know that no OD barn starts drivers out at $11.00/hour. Neither does PJAX. That's just ridiculous.

I'm not here to argue what's better or worse. If you guys are happy with foodservice, then have at it. It's no skin off my back. Best o' luck to ya'.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Please get your facts straight.
Then get yours straight too. Unless you have done the job, don't sit there and tell everyone how bad it is. I see what LTL P/U drivers go through every day with tight places to back into and such, BUT I do not tell eveyone how bad the job is. I have never done LTL there for I will not comment on what the job is like. What was the last foodservice company that you worked for?

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Rookie

Meat_66 wrote:
i work for a Ice Company.I hav like 27 stops monday,tuesday is like 25,Wed is 16 Thursday 18 and friday is just 14 .That is my Summer route.but like now,Winter time i get Mondays off,but still get paid.and i do my route in 4 days.And still going to make in the 30k area.

that sucks

Why does that suck???
Old 11-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Then get yours straight too. Unless you have done the job, don't sit there and tell everyone how bad it is. I see what LTL P/U drivers go through every day with tight places to back into and such, BUT I do not tell eveyone how bad the job is. I have never done LTL there for I will not comment on what the job is like. What was the last foodservice company that you worked for?
I would MUCH rather back into a tight spot, then carry 350lbs on a 2 wheeler, with inside deliveries and such..

I enjoy getting paid to have others unload my trailer.. Call me lazy? whatever.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac373
Quote:
Quote:
I would MUCH rather back into a tight spot, then carry 350lbs on a 2 wheeler, with inside deliveries and such..

I enjoy getting paid to have others unload my trailer.. Call me lazy? whatever.
To each his own. I would rather make my 10-15 delivers a day, start at 5AM, be back at the warehouse by 1PM, and deal with all my customers that give me free food and such.

Never did LTL so couldn't tell you what it is like to do your job.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE