User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I agree about the red flag, CT has a terminal 1/2 a block from Con-Way in Reno. They have had a "Help Wanted" sign on their fence for the year that I have lived here.

A 53' swing door for P&D? WTF!?!? Talk about using the wrong tool for the job.

I would wait and see for a year or two once you are fully assimilated into Brown. At that point if things have not improved you can move on to greener pastures.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac373
I am throwing around a time frame of staying on 3 more years.. I was planning on sticking it out, and hoping that Indy gets a decent contract.

I was told that the union companies use a "master seniority" list. I have close to 13 years, but I am 2 from the bottom on the P&D bid board. I am 3 from the top for company seniority, but since I wasn't a driver the whole time I was employed there-- I am near the bottom. I am #23 now.

How will that work if we go union? Will I become #3, or stay #23?
I am not sure if this was a master freight thing or not, but at Yellow, if you transfered jobs-say from city to road, you had to wait a year and a day to earn your master seniority in that classification. Basically you were at the bottom of the board for that time and then you would shoot to wherever your seniority landed you. they did that to keep guys from bouncing around all the time. I would wait it out though, if you guys get a contract you will be sorry you left with that kind of seniority. You can kiss that 60 bucks a week bye, you wont be paying it anymore.