User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey cluggy,yeah,down there in the Metromess,there are bookoos of trucking jobs. Good ones. Here in Wichita Falls,there aint diddly. If you can get congress to back you up to get a job with Fed Ex,etc,good,but other than that,there isnt anything. Of course,there isnt any OTR companies here,a couple of terminals,but most local trucks around here,come out of Dallas/Ft Worth,and go back the same day. I see ads from time to time in the paper from smaller local companies,but they dont have any benefits,and dont pay much. Sad,we have 100,000 population,but as far as the trucking work force,it isnt here. I have thought about moving down to Ft Worth,maybe after the first of the year,after I get married,just because there are better opportunities.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Senior Board Member

All the cement companies are hiring in the Austin, TX area. They are starting between $13.00 to $17.00 per hour. I know at least one student who was in my class that was hired with not experience at all for $17.00 per hour. Several more were going to apply.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

TMC just opened up abour 1/2 dozen local dedicated jobs in the Northeast in case flatbedding interests you. Some of them are no-tarp-ever runs too. I'm on one out of Kearny NJ and am home daily and weekends. They pay around $1000-$1100/week.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Hey cluggy,yeah,down there in the Metromess,there are bookoos of trucking jobs. Good ones. Here in Wichita Falls,there aint diddly. If you can get congress to back you up to get a job with Fed Ex,etc,good,but other than that,there isnt anything. Of course,there isnt any OTR companies here,a couple of terminals,but most local trucks around here,come out of Dallas/Ft Worth,and go back the same day. I see ads from time to time in the paper from smaller local companies,but they dont have any benefits,and dont pay much. Sad,we have 100,000 population,but as far as the trucking work force,it isnt here. I have thought about moving down to Ft Worth,maybe after the first of the year,after I get married,just because there are better opportunities.
That's Beau coups :wink:
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Senior Board Member

This is the kind of information that drivers need...not just what cities have jobs, but what cities are truely lacking.

And you can only get this kind of info from other drivers.

Thanks for all of the replies, and keep them coming.... The info you share may help another fellow driver.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 11-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Rookie

There's quite a few local and regional jobs in my area, northwest SC. I was just laid off Wednesday from the manufacturer I was driving for. Got the word at 1300, got 5 job offers before 1345. The manufacturer I worked for built dump trailers and I pulled a 53' step deck. Being a manufacturer and not a general carrier, they are at the whims of the Fed's rate hikes. Interest rates go up, sales go down. We only had two drivers and the other guy has only been driving for less than a year, so I volunteered.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfinger
I just got laid off from a company here in Oh. I hauled for thier G.M. account. U.A.W. member, 18.75 perhr, O.T. after 8hr, Every holiday off and paid that G.M. had. 40 hr minium gaurenteed. Great low cost bennies. ALL GONE NOW!!! I'm just startin to check into other positions.But something tells me I won't find anything close to what I lost.Thank God for unemployment and cheap vodka :cry: I kinda knew this was coming and a few months ago I called a local company bout thier ad, and to switch trailers around at various locations around the metro area (we used to call that "shagging" trailers) and basically just take them back to thier yard,they were gonna pay me...
8.50 per hour!!!!!! I was making that much back in the early 80's in a foundry.So I guess I'm gonna be in for quite the shock when I get serious bout lookin,which I'm starting to now I guess.There are plenty of jobs around here,but the thing is,finding the job YOU want.Yea I can go out and make 40cpm and up but I don't want to go bac otr.I want to get pd. for what I do.Companies will tell you,yea make 50-70,000 here,what they wont tell you is how many hrs you have to put in to get that. My main question to companies I apply to (if they pay per mile),is gonna be HOW MANY HOURS PER WEEK will it ake me to make that amount.Bottom line,plenty o'drivin jobs,but is thier one right for you to fulfill your needs.That's a question everybody should ask themselves
I'm a retired driver living in Dayton, OH and I try to keep up with the industry.
If you are looking for local work, check out NTB trucking. They have a terminal in Tipp City.
I know they had get home daily runs on the Target account in Michigan but don't know if they do the same in Ohio. I also don't know what the pay is for that account as I retired 3.5 years ago. Their website is www.ntbtrk.com.
Good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Rookie

Here in Wappingers Falls, NY I drive a flatbed for NES Rentals......$20.58/hr.....time and a half after 8hrs
Old 11-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet32935
There's quite a few local and regional jobs in my area, northwest SC. I was just laid off Wednesday from the manufacturer I was driving for. Got the word at 1300, got 5 job offers before 1345. The manufacturer I worked for built dump trailers and I pulled a 53' step deck. Being a manufacturer and not a general carrier, they are at the whims of the Fed's rate hikes. Interest rates go up, sales go down. We only had two drivers and the other guy has only been driving for less than a year, so I volunteered.
Enough of that Military time on here Mister :P
Old 11-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

stinkyfinger... If you are up to pulling a tanker....chemicals and what not, PM me. Superior has a yard in the Queen City... and they may want some drivers.... Trust me, it will beat the "stink" out of what you have been seeing so far....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.