User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Werner advertising home daily?

I know the discussion on werner has been beaten to death but today in my local paper they have an ad stating "home daily". I have never seen werner daycabs? Any home daily werner drivers on this board?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Rookie

I'm by no means an authority on the issue, but I can tell you what I know.
They have the same ad running in my local paper as well, so I asked one of their recruiters about it.

In my area, they have a small fleet of day cab's that they use on line haul runs. One line goes from Albuquerque, NM to Winslow, AZ and the other line goes from Albuquerque, NM to Amarillo, TX.

They told me the same thing about being home daily and what not..but with it being Werner....well....
Old 11-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Rookie

I worked in that division for a little over a yr in Omaha. We ran from Omaha to North Platte NE, or Omaha to West Branch IA. You work a 12 hr shift, 6am to 6pm, Noon to Midnight, or Midnight to Noon. Pay is the same for all in this division $650 wk. You get weekends off, and Holidays off, pay raise comes in 5 yrs from start date in this division. It is all drop and hook, you meet another Werner driver swap trlrs, and head back to yd. It works for some people, but not for all.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Default home daily

Werner also has a few daycabs in the Hunt Valley, MD area working on the McCormick dedicated account. We go in there quite a bit and I see them often. Never really discussed their position with them though. I will be there later this week and do some digging.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Board Regular

They also have a budweiser dedicated account in the midwest in certain cities , I know at least Columbus and Indianapolis . They don't pay worth a damn , but if you wnat to be home daily and your record sucks , you can probably still get hired .
Old 11-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Rookie
Default Werner home daily

Yeah, those bud trucks came in to the Omaha terminal to have a tag axle
put on, and then those trucks headed out to OH, the tags were added because most of those beer lds were on the heavy side.

The pay is not the greatest, but if a guy needed to get home everyday for a while, it may work for him, but it's not for everyone.

The bad side about the deal is that two drivers share one truck, one guy drives the morning shift, the other at night. If the morning guy gets hung up, the night guy has to wait till the truck gets back to the yd before he can begin his run. Also, your truck could be in on time, but your trlr may be still in the shop, so you have to wait for your trlr. They require you wait at least 4hrs before they send you home with half pay. Most times if the trlr isn't ready in a 2hr time period, they will try to find you another ld.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 AM

I see those Werner day cabs with Bud trailers going past my house every day. In the next town over from me (Dunkirk Indiana) is a glass factory called Saint Gobain that makes beer bottles.
I'm guessing they go there to pick up the new bottles, but have no idea where they take them to from there.