User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ok you drivers want guarantees?

I just had a job open up in Indianapolis. I can hire within a 50 mile radius.
Local/regional meaning that runs mostly local with occasional overnight work. We will put the driver in a hotel for overnight work.
Pulling hazmat in 28 ft reefer pups.

Ok here is the guarantee part....GUARANTEED 185 dollars a day salary on top of 30 cpm.
5 days on 2 days off.

I need 5 drivers.
The reason I posted this here is not really to find a driver, just to show some of those drivers that like screaming and cussing JB recruiters when they call, what kind of job you can miss. Once again, you never know what we might be offering. We might call you 100 times before something like this opens.
Reality....this job will be filled in an hour. Basically, the first 5 drivers we talk to that can show up for orientation monday will get this.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Ok you drivers want guarantees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Local/regional meaning that runs mostly local with occasional overnight work. We will put the driver in a hotel for overnight work.

Ok here is the guarantee part....GUARANTEED 185 dollars a day salary on top of 30 cpm.
5 days on 2 days off.

I need 5 drivers.
The reason I posted this here is not really to find a driver, just to show some of those drivers that like screaming and cussing JB recruiters when they call, what kind of job you can miss. Once again, you never know what we might be offering. We might call you 100 times before something like this opens.
Reality....this job will be filled in an hour. Basically, the first 5 drivers we talk to that can show up for orientation monday will get this.
And when they get to orientation there will be no local job, but JB will tell them they have a nice lease plan that they can get in on. Save it for the mindless mass that apply for JB every day. Typical recruiter ploy. Just like used car salesmen, tell them what they want to hear to get them in the door and then stick it to them.

By the way, how long before this local gig turns into a OTR run?

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

5 days on 2 days off.

I need 5 drivers.
This should be fun. Lets see if it fills in a hour.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 10-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well, your hour is up.....did it fill yet? hehehehe :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

'

Old 10-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I have two drivers on it....my buddy has one....all three coming in monday.
Its a little harder to fill that i thought. The requirements for it are a little more strict than our normal OTR requirements.

On this job, i need at least a year exp.....No more than 1 accident in the last 36 months....and no more than 2 tickets in the last 36 months.
What I keep running into is I cant have any licence suspensions in the last 3 years....Ive tried to sign up two drivers who had that and were DQ'd
Old 10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Its a little harder to fill that i thought. The requirements for it are a little more strict than our normal OTR requirements.

On this job, i need at least a year exp.....No more than 1 accident in the last 36 months....and no more than 2 tickets in the last 36 months.
What I keep running into is I cant have any licence suspensions in the last 3 years....Ive tried to sign up two drivers who had that and were DQ'd
Well, at least those three read you ad....

That is what your doing with this post, is advertising your jobs, isn't it? I thought that was a no-no on this forums, or at least under this topic.....

I guess the mods better start getting use to everybody advertising on this board if they are going to let good ole JB do it...... :evil: :evil: :evil:

'

Old 10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
And when they get to orientation there will be no local job, but JB will tell them they have a nice lease plan that they can get in on. Save it for the mindless mass that apply for JB every day. Typical recruiter ploy. Just like used car salesmen, tell them what they want to hear to get them in the door and then stick it to them.

Whats really funny is people like you actually believe this happens. That we just make up jobs to get you in the door. Hell, if that were true, recruiting would be really easy. I would just make up different jobs everyday just to get drivers in the door.
When you hear stories about dedicated jobs going away, this is what happens. A driver usually says he wants the job, sets himself up for orientation then keeps on calling back, telling us he cant make it to orientation and moves the date out. I think the term "you snooze, you lose" fits well here. Like i said in my first post, most likely the drivers who get this job will be the ones who can drop everything and be there monday.
I know that doesnt seem fair...I know that some people like to give two weeks notice but like i said, the freight or the customer wont wait on drivers.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
Quote:

Well, at least those three read you ad....

That is what your doing with this post, is advertising your jobs, isn't it? I thought that was a no-no on this forums, or at least under this topic.....

I guess the mods better start getting use to everybody advertising on this board if they are going to let good ole JB do it...... :evil: :evil: :evil:
I wasnt really advertising this job....just making a point. Nor were any of the drivers scheduled from this message board. I havent really provided too many details on this job or the accounts name. What I was doing was showing an example of a job we had open.
Also, I seriously doubt that between the time ive posted this job and the time we Fill it any drivers within a 50 mile radius of Indianapolis would even read the post.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:

Whats really funny is people like you actually believe this happens. That we just make up jobs to get you in the door. Hell, if that were true, recruiting would be really easy. I would just make up different jobs everyday just to get drivers in the door.
When you hear stories about dedicated jobs going away, this is what happens. A driver usually says he wants the job, sets himself up for orientation then keeps on calling back, telling us he cant make it to orientation and moves the date out. I think the term "you snooze, you lose" fits well here. Like i said in my first post, most likely the drivers who get this job will be the ones who can drop everything and be there monday.
I know that doesnt seem fair...I know that some people like to give two weeks notice but like i said, the freight or the customer wont wait on drivers.
Well, well, well.

I have seen this happen when I went to orientation. You should have too....wait a minute...your a recruiter....maybe you wouldn't have seen it. But you know it does.

'

Old 10-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Hmmmmm.....just a rule that belongs to this board......

9. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering get rich schemes, phone cards, commercial postings of any kind, etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.

I guess spam is a good choice of words for this posting.

'

Closed Thread