User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Make the refferal check out to... Okie

To bad I am not a Crete driver yet. I spoke to a former co-worker that left state employment 2 years ago to pursue driving. He went to Tyson fresh out of Central Tech/Drumright. He called last night to report that since I had made a Crete Dedicated job sound so appealing. He checked it out from what I told him, found it even better than I had said and he quit Tyson and went to work for them. To bad I can not cash in on that.
Well folks, the wife is out of town... me and the twins are here. We will see if I/we can survive this. I usually spend the mornings with them, but this will be the first time by myself 24 hours a day. For 4 days mind you. Wish me or better yet wish them luck. Ya all be careful out there !!!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Default Re: Make the refferal check out to... Okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
To bad I am not a Crete driver yet. I spoke to a former co-worker that left state employment 2 years ago to pursue driving. He went to Tyson fresh out of Central Tech/Drumright. He called last night to report that since I had made a Crete Dedicated job sound so appealing. He checked it out from what I told him, found it even better than I had said and he quit Tyson and went to work for them. To bad I can not cash in on that.
Well folks, the wife is out of town... me and the twins are here. We will see if I/we can survive this. I usually spend the mornings with them, but this will be the first time by myself 24 hours a day. For 4 days mind you. Wish me or better yet wish them luck. Ya all be careful out there !!!
Hey Okie! All I can say man is you're in my prayers! I don't know how old you are but as far as kids go I've raised three-all of the female gender. My youngest is almost 14 and all I can say is you're really gonna have fun when they get to be teenagers! My two oldest caused me inumerable gray hairs and near cardiac arrest several times and now I've got my youngest to look forward to. Her mind is focused on boys, playing the flute in the high school band, and yakking on her cell phone. Thank God she lives with her mom (my ex-wife)! :rock:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Board Regular
Default So far so fun::

Midnightflyer: Well it is day 3 all is well so far. I am 35 and have 2 year old twins. We are having a ball. The weather has not cooperated for outdoor fun but we are watching plenty of videos. Been doing some painting and stuff while naps are going on. Better get that task finished now. So far since my daughters favorite word is, "no" I have managed to ask her... Are you worth a nickle? several times... To which she replies, "No nickle." Ought to make the wife happy
Old 10-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Senior Board Member

i know how you feel OKIE......my wife went somewhere for 3-4 hours yesterday and i was with 2week old and 5 and 7 year olds.......was i glad i volunteered for work this morning
Old 10-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh how I love reading this! It gives you a whole new prospective of being a at home mom. It is a 24/7 job. It is more work than most people realize.

I knew a mom who had to get two jobs and she said she felt as if it was a vacation compared to being a at home mom.

I hope you guys really show your wife how much you appreciate the job she is doing!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Board Regular
Default They are gonna

kick us to the family forum.

Yes you bet I have always respected and understood my wife and her stay at home life. After 11 years of corporate life and just to be told, "sorry we do not need you unless you want to move to India." It was devastating to her & our family, but after 6 years of infertility treatment and finally having babies I knew it was what she wanted (and needed to do.) So we strapped on the beans and rice and spaggehti bags, cut out all of excesses and used most of her severance to pay off as much as we could. So things are tight, we juggle a lot of due dates for utilities but have yet to get a cutoff notice in the 2 1/2 years since her lay-off. We do not get to do a lot of extra, but the wife and kids (me too) are having the time of our lives. We buy season passes to the zoo and other fun places with any birthday money so they can enjoy it year around. Yep, I have been called to the carpet on the checkbook with the "is that a 1 or 7" and the budget queen is on top of it. But coming home at midnight from my job and my wife asleep in the chair and smiling is worth it all.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas
Default Re: They are gonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
kick us to the family forum.

Yes you bet I have always respected and understood my wife and her stay at home life. After 11 years of corporate life and just to be told, "sorry we do not need you unless you want to move to India." It was devastating to her & our family, but after 6 years of infertility treatment and finally having babies I knew it was what she wanted (and needed to do.) So we strapped on the beans and rice and spaggehti bags, cut out all of excesses and used most of her severance to pay off as much as we could. So things are tight, we juggle a lot of due dates for utilities but have yet to get a cutoff notice in the 2 1/2 years since her lay-off. We do not get to do a lot of extra, but the wife and kids (me too) are having the time of our lives. We buy season passes to the zoo and other fun places with any birthday money so they can enjoy it year around. Yep, I have been called to the carpet on the checkbook with the "is that a 1 or 7" and the budget queen is on top of it. But coming home at midnight from my job and my wife asleep in the chair and smiling is worth it all.
Been there, done that! As long as you have plenty of love in your life (as you and your wife and twins obviously do) that's all you need! :rock:
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: They are gonna

okie

It sounds as if you have been very blessed! And it is great that you appreciate your wife.

At one point my husband could not understand what I did all day. It broke my heart. We traded for about week and it gave him a new prospective of what I did. I do not think he would want to trade again.

Your twins are beautiful!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 10-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Senior Board Member

You have two beautiful children!! Count yourBlessings, and cherish every Blessed Moment with them. They grow up so fast!!

We were only able to have one child, and while we would love to have been able to have another, we have loved every moment with our daughter.

Are there difficult moments?? Sure there are!! My daughter is 11 going on 19, and as adolecense and puberty set in, and as the hormones begin to rage, I'm always mindful of the fact that she dis not ask to be born, but we did pray to be blessed with her!!

As difficult as it may be for us at times, growing up can be extremely difficult for a child as well.

Just LOVE them!!!

Peace and Blessings,
Useless
Old 10-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Board Regular
Default no check??? how about a CCC hat or coffee mug....

because I just learned last night I scored a second refferal for Crete. A co-workers husband left the Chiropractic world a month ago. Based on my info to his wife. He had trucked before. She kept telling him all the intresting stuff I had found out thru CAD and other sources. Oh my gosh... does this make me a :shock: :shock: recruiter ops: ops:
Thanks useless, Goin and Marcel for the comments. I have had the week to recover. We truly had a wonderful long weekend. The wife was pleased with the results of my supervision. As for the progress in the garage conversion to a play room while she was gone.. not so much impressed.