Old 10-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon
There was a Werner truck on the news getting towed out of the snow in Denver a few days ago. What advertising.
So What-You get buried in a quick snowstorm it's not unusual for 100's of trucks to get buried in it.
I don't think Werner was in Denver-I think he was on the Eastern or Western Slope west of Denver and you don't have a clue what happened. The Eastern and Western slopes on 70 can get 3' of snow before you can say It's snowing.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon
It was a 53 foot dry van. Werner got towed on tv. haha. It does reflect the compnay. End of story. The Conway on it's side probably got cut off by Weener.

Possibly or the Weener ended up ditched trying to avoid the flopped Conway ...I grew up in the foothills of the Adirondacks in N.Y. and have lived here in Colorado at 9k feet for almost 10 years so I know how to drive the snow and drive steep grades in the snow.....most make the mistake of driving way to fast pushing the limited traction available to the limit and all it takes is a sharp turn of the wheel to start a skid hell just a sharp bump .....back to Conway and Werner if it were the Weeners fault I would say lack of skill and experience in winter driving,and for Conway based on what I have seen I would say ...TOO FAST ..for winter driving conditions....some of the dumbest winter driving I've seen during heavy snowfall is done by yellow....ups...fed-ex ltl drivers in day cabs....
Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Board Icon

I don't even think Werner was even in the Ditch-Looked like he was just stuck up to his Axles in snow on 70
Old 10-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I don't even think Werner was even in the Ditch-Looked like he was just stuck up to his Axles in snow on 70

Was this in Denver or I-70 comming over the moutain pass ???..makes sense if it was in the high country as it did come down very heavy ..
Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

Was this in Denver or I-70 comming over the moutain pass ???..makes sense if it was in the high country as it did come down very heavy ..
The photo I saw on the News Looked like it was up on the Slope and not in Denver.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
I would take the time to get your HAZ-MAT if that's all that's keeping you from Crete ... :wink: even if you sit for 30 days you will be better off in the long run money wise .....
Very wise advice indeed IMHO. I think you would find the difference between Crete and Werner to be night and day. Not to mention you'd save yourself TONS of headaches and regret. I've never worked for Werner, but based on what I've heard about them, would never want to. I've worked for Arrow Trucking (4 months), Marten Transport (14 months) and now Crete Carrier (Almost 6 months) and I can honestly tell you that Crete is head and shoulders above the other two in virtually every way IMO. Crete was my first choice out of school, but I spoke to a new recruiter at the time and she wasn't aware that I'd gone to a school they hire students out of. I was in a hurry to get a job and as a result rather than waiting and talking to another recruiter, rushed and took a job with Arrow. I would save you all I went through in the 18 months before I finally made it to Crete. I can't say I totally regret that I worked for Arrow and Marten though, because it wasn't all bad and I learned a lot, but mostly I feel I appreciate what I have at Crete more because of my experiences at those other companies and will be less likely to leave in search of greener grass now. :wink: