User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Welp not long , but I'm not a slow learner... :wink: so the simple task of learning to line up a hole by judging trailer overhang and pivot rather than hanging out my window watching the tail of my trailer and constantly wondering why I'm headed for the nose of the trk next to me rather than center of the spot I'm trying to back has been an easy process...Yes I do hold my pivot a little to long some time and need a short pull up not 20 of them ....I usually do this when it's dark and I'm tired and the spot is tight ..tight would be like the back row of the flying-j in Carlisle PA by the mechanics bay..or the Flying-J in Tacoma WA....not the BOSSELMANS PILOT in big springs NE at 10 AM :wink:
Old 10-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Rookie
Default PTL

I have a buddy that drives for PTL and hates them - he's looking for something else. He's got a beater auto-shift Columbia and his average length of haul is only 600 miles...says his average paycheck is about $400 a week
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Welp not long , but I'm not a slow learner... :wink: so the simple task of learning to line up a hole by judging trailer overhang and pivot rather than hanging out my window watching the tail of my trailer and constantly wondering why I'm headed for the nose of the trk next to me rather than center of the spot I'm trying to back has been an easy process...Yes I do hold my pivot a little to long some time and need a short pull up not 20 of them ....I usually do this when it's dark and I'm tired and the spot is tight ..tight would be like the back row of the flying-j in Carlisle PA by the mechanics bay..or the Flying-J in Tacoma WA....not the BOSSELMANS PILOT in big springs NE at 10 AM :wink:
I hate stuff like this. How is it that by being associated to a certain company it somehow affects your backing skills?

Second big jeep guy, you hold a pivot too long sometimes and need a short pull up....

Does that mean you usualy don't need a short pullup? I got money on it that you need a pull up 95% of the time, the rest is just luck.

The guy wants to know about PST as a company.....

Hey, tell us the one about the JB driver that tried to shut his side box while standing on his running board at 55 MPH and fell of his truck...
Old 10-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomper4x4
Quote:
I hate stuff like this. How is it that by being associated to a certain company it somehow affects your backing skills?

Second big jeep guy, you hold a pivot too long sometimes and need a short pull up....

Does that mean you usualy don't need a short pullup? I got money on it that you need a pull up 95% of the time, the rest is just luck.

Hey, tell us the one about the JB driver that tried to shut his side box while standing on his running board at 55 MPH and fell of his truck...

Well most of the talent scouted by these companies comes from a pool of applicants that lack the I.Q. points to pump gas for a living much less operate a 75 ft long combination vehicle with any proficiency .....So yes it's a safe bet when you see SWIFT...WERNER...J.B. Hunt...US.Xpress....CR.England ..ETC that you probably have a SEMI illiterate driver that lacks the basic math skills to even figure out a log book even worse when a Werner driver can't figure out his hours..Can't tell you how many fellow Werner's I have seen this issue with ( It's a damn paper-less log !!!).........So because a rookie who has no experience must go through these STARTER companies to obtain experience to move up it is assumed you are less than capable as a driver..OR THINKER blessed with even average intelligence and COMMON sense...Because this is 75% of what is put into the seats of these STARTER companies trucks....
Old 10-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The Subject of this Thread was someone asking for Info Concerning PTL
Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well most of the talent scouted by these companies comes from a pool of applicants that lack the I.Q. points to pump gas for a living much less operate a 75 ft long combination vehicle with any proficiency .....So yes it's a safe bet when you see SWIFT...WERNER...J.B. Hunt...US.Xpress....CR.England ..ETC that you probably have a SEMI illiterate driver that lacks the basic math skills to even figure out a log book even worse when a Werner driver can't figure out his hours..Can't tell you how many fellow Werner's I have seen this issue with ( It's a damn paper-less log !!!).........So because a rookie who has no experience must go through these STARTER companies to obtain experience to move up it is assumed you are less than capable as a driver..OR THINKER blessed with even average intelligence and COMMON sense...Because this is 75% of what is put into the seats of these STARTER companies trucks....

Which company did you start with 80 years ago? Were they high and mighty? The best of the best?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which company did you start with 80 years ago? Were they high and mighty? The best of the best?

I stand by what I said about most new drivers fresh out of CDL school not belonging behind the wheel of a MO-PED ...much less a big truck....

But what do you expect when the majority of the CDL schools attendants are there on WEL-FARE dollars :wink:
Old 10-19-2006, 03:12 AM

So what you're saying is, don't allow anyone new to drive a big truck? Just let the old dogs who know what they're doin do it? What happens when all of the old boys die off??

As far as welfare dollars paying for the school...I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I personally had to get a loan from a bank to pay for my school. Even if someone used WIA to pay for school, what's wrong with it?? That's why its there. Perhaps you would rather them sit at home watching Jerry Spring for years collecting your tax money?? At least they're trying to better themselves.

You act as if you're so great because you can drive a big truck and back it. Woo Anyone with the proper training and experience can do that. Driving isn't rocket science. (As much as you would like to think that it is)

It seems you down everyone because you simply don't want anyone to be as "good" as you are when it comes to driving. You've made yourself look so big and bad because you can drive a truck. What would people think if Joe Blow whose school was paid with welfare money can drive one, too??

You come across having a very small mind. You act as if you were never a newbie out there trying to figure out what makes what do what in the trucking world.

My father has been driving for well over 30 years, with 3 million safe miles. And he would NEVER insult someone simply because they're new, or because they went to a CDL school, or because of the company they work for. There is no reason for you to do it either. Again, as much as you might hate to admit it, you were once new too. So I think you need to get off your little high horse thinking you're the best there is because you're older and have been doing it longer than some.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ81
So what you're saying is, don't allow anyone new to drive a big truck? Just let the old dogs who know what they're doin do it? What happens when all of the old boys die off??

As far as welfare dollars paying for the school...I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I personally had to get a loan from a bank to pay for my school. Even if someone used WIA to pay for school, what's wrong with it?? That's why its there. Perhaps you would rather them sit at home watching Jerry Spring for years collecting your tax money?? At least they're trying to better themselves.

You act as if you're so great because you can drive a big truck and back it. Woo Anyone with the proper training and experience can do that. Driving isn't rocket science. (As much as you would like to think that it is)

It seems you down everyone because you simply don't want anyone to be as "good" as you are when it comes to driving. You've made yourself look so big and bad because you can drive a truck. What would people think if Joe Blow whose school was paid with welfare money can drive one, too??

You come across having a very small mind. You act as if you were never a newbie out there trying to figure out what makes what do what in the trucking world.

My father has been driving for well over 30 years, with 3 million safe miles. And he would NEVER insult someone simply because they're new, or because they went to a CDL school, or because of the company they work for. There is no reason for you to do it either. Again, as much as you might hate to admit it, you were once new too. So I think you need to get off your little high horse thinking you're the best there is because you're older and have been doing it longer than some.

If you have been driving for 3 months or longer ..you should already have a grasp on the basics of what does what....by 1 year you should be able to make WHAT do WHAT you need it to in a reasonable time frame :wink: And I don't claim to be GREAT ..I simply claim to be where I should within the time frame I've been driving.... :wink:

As for what welfare has to do with it.... I don't believe most justly receive it ....And I also believe the average person on Welfare tends not to be of the mentality to drive a big truck...... :idea: Maybe this explains the ..SLOOOOW learning CURVE ..or NOOOOO learning curve... :lol:

I'm not picking on anyone for simply being new and just getting their CDL , and starting to learn.....What I was talking about is the flooding of the trade with people that don't posses the ability to drive ...The ability to operate a truck with ..COMMON SENSE...And the ability to learn in a realistic time frame :wink: ...I just find it funny that the Trade is being Flooded with people sent to school on WELFARE DOLLARS , and at the same time the graduates of these CDL schools seem to be .....SLOOOOOW OR NOOOOOO learners of even the basics :idea:

Narrow minded...Hardly...Just calling out the game based on how I see it being played .........
Old 10-19-2006, 07:20 PM

It comes off to be as a little redneck to judge a person because they're school was paid via WIA. (or as you say, welfare) Anyone can apply to have WIA assist them with school. There's a 9 out of 10 chance that if there is money left to be given, that person will get it, regardless of they're past financial situation.

Say what you will, you do knock people for being new.