User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default info on Barr-nunn

Looking for info on Barr-Nunn, running the ohio regional. Have 2 years OTR was with millis transfer went with a local (Trash hauler) looking to get back on the road. Left millis do to home time and got tried of NJ and Mass. Also looked into Maverick running what they call the Rust Belt.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

from working at Barr-Nunn......it seems that you almost have to do OTR to get more consisten regular miles....most of the regional guys i have run across seem to lacking mileage pretty regularly while most of us OTR guys are doing a little better....but on the other hand.....quite a bit of their freight does come out of Ohio and the surrounding area so that regional set up may do a little better than the Southern regional and what not. Over all though, good easy company to work for. I had one crappy week, complained pretty hard and have been busy ever since. I never have to beg for my hometime and so far my paychecks have not been short one single penny. Equipment is kept in real good shape...overall i just have not had to much to complain about with them. I brought home $1100 this week...so as long as I keep seeing a few of those kind of checks i will keep recomending them :lol:
Old 10-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I can't speak to the OTR situation. I can absolutely speak to the SE Regional Home time. The promised miles are are just that. I gave them one month, 1500, 1600, 1600 and finally when telling them I quit because of lack of the 2500 promised miles I received a 2559 week. All the dispatcher could say is I'm sorry. Over and over and over again. When I warned them after week one, the supervisor I spoke to reminded me I would have to repay my sign on bonus, rental car to orientation, hotel costs, etc. I asked him if Barr-Nunn held that over drivers' head's, he said that it caused some drivers to remain on-board. Of course, they recouped all of their money as I know they would. They did send me a .01 cent final paycheck. This company could care less about their drivers. They sure know how to say I'm sorry a lot. Don't take any load to Florida, unless you enjoy trashing around in truck stops.