User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is there a company out there.

Is there a comp. out there that no one has any complaints about? I dont think its possible......
Old 09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Is there a company out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Marie
Is there a comp. out there that no one has any complaints about? I dont think its possible......
Ummm thinking .... Nope I doubt it .... Nobody can please everybody right? In my opinion no matter what company it is, it's all what you make of it :wink:
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Rookie

Probably not. People will B**ch about any thing no matter how much better it is from the rest. If most folks won the lotto, they would complain about paying the gov't millions in taxes even though they would still have enough to live on the rest of their life. That's just the way folks are. I think that there are some good companies out there but I think most of them want experienced drivers and you rarely hear about them because if they are that great no one quits to move elsewhere. SO I'm going to find a company I can deal with until I have the experience that I need to get the job I want and then go there unless the company I start out with is better to me than I expect. It a gamble on other people's opinions of companies. There like a$$holes, everyone got one and most folks think other peoples stink. But at least an opinion helps you get prepared for the worst a company should throw at you.

Doug
Old 09-27-2006, 10:15 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

The best thing you can do is find a company that covers about 70% of what you are looking for and just deal with the rest. There are no perfect companies out there and no company that will have 100% of what you are looking for. So you look for the best fit for you. If I've learned one thing in this industry, it's that everyone is looking for something different and what I might think is a bowl of peaches and cream, someone else might think is a bowl of strichnine.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Senior Board Member

No there is no company out there that has never had anything bad said about it.

What is hell to one person may be heaven to someone else. One thing that many driver's confuse is the company and their dispatcher. A bad dispatcher equals a bad company.. This is easy to do since to a driver, 90% of what the company is to them is the dispatcher.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
No there is no company out there that has never had anything bad said about it.

What is hell to one person may be heaven to someone else. One thing that many driver's confuse is the company and their dispatcher. A bad dispatcher equals a bad company.. This is easy to do since to a driver, 90% of what the company is to them is the dispatcher.
I COMPLETELY agree on this one.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Board Regular
Default Uh...I just LOVE brown...I think...

On the whole, to be honest, I really don't have any REAL complaints about UPS. Would I like them to run things the way I think they should be run ? Of course..but realistically, I'm sure bankruptcy would follow shortly thereafter. They pay me well, give myself and my family great benefits and I'm allowed a life after work. Do I like everything about it ? No. But who does ? I don't think that perfect job exists. Everything, including trucking is a trade-off. I think that the only real question is : How much are you willing to trade for the life you need/want/have to have...?I haven't answered that question yet.