User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default medical insurance ??

I have not really seen any posts about what drivers think of there medical insurance. Since that is number 1 on my shopping list followed by home time and then pay/miles in that order can anyone offer some suggestions. I know no company insurance is considered good but some are better than others. At my current soon to be former job I am paying out of pocket around 300 dollars a month for the medical,dental,life disabilty package for me and wife. Its the standard 80/20 1000 deciutable (sp) 30 copay with the standard (well just because the doctor thinks you need it we are not so sure) questions. It is going to cost me 900 a month to stay on the cobra plan so I dont want to stay to long.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Medical insurance in the trucking industry is just like the general work force. It is all over the place. I have seen some that were great for reasonable premieums and some that totally sucked that cost 1/2 your check on a good week.

The only thing I can tell you is to really quiz the recruiters about their insurance plan(s).