Old 04-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegzus
From my expierence I would advise you to stay away from RadioActive Radio's down in Texas. They talk a good game but let me put it to you this way. Their "SuperWhack Pack" should have been named "SuperHack Pack". My General Lee only lasted 3 months and is in the shop right now getting a new echo board and being put back together the right way.

My normal Radio guy is off I-80 exit 302 in PA the place is "Nicks CB Shop", he doesn't sell anything he just works on them. When he took my radio apart yesterday I could see by his facial expressions that RadioActive seriously butchered my radio. So hope that helps prevent people from buying from those "hack" jobs.
well for one i am a avid fan of Mike`s work and i tell you one thing, a lifetime gaurentee on a radio if one hell of a deal to me. also just so you knwo Mike is not in texas nor was he hes been in Arizona and hes actually now moved to Salem OR.

also since you had someone open your radio from RA you shoudl know that your LIFETIME warrenty was voided.

this is a guy who warrentys his radio and his work for ever now tell me what other shop would do that caus i dont know of any.
Well after what my radio tech showed me there will be no way I would ever buy anything from RadioActive again. They had jumpers in the completely wrong locations, parts missing off the boards ect. If you like that kind of work that's fine but myself or no one that I know will be using them.

And as far as the lifetime warranty, I really don't care about that because their products aren't even good enough to warrant sending them across the county at my exspense.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Board Regular

on I-70 in Missouri at the 28 mm in the Petro T/S is a place called the C.B.Shop upstairs,these guy's do good honest work on the noise box.I have taken mine there a couple times to get it worked on very reasonable also.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 PM
Rookie

I was browsing this forum and came upon this thread. I have known Michael at www.radioactiveradio.com for over 16 years. I am a retired electronics tech (retired because diabetes has made my eye sight to bad to work on radios) with 35 years of experience. I've work for Boeing as a avation electronics tech in WA, and at Motorola in AZ as a QCIII supervisor. I've been a active in the radio community the entire time. For a man to put down a tech because his (1) radio had a issue is bogus.
Its very easy to make statements such as the ones you've written, with terms such as the ones you type. But reading this thread and what others have to say, would make one think the issue was not with RadioActiveRadio but with either yourself, or that one unit you bought. A shop that stands behind their work with a lifetime warranty is a rare shop. I've purchased many radios over the years with Michael, Sammy, Val, and other guys at 2 of his three locations, and have had no issues with any purchases to date. If in the rare case I do, I'd be more then glad to send it back and have them make it right.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Rookie

Stay away from 75 Chrome Shop CB shop, I75 Fl x329 Wildwood

Very expensive and hack job. mess up my radio so bad, (it burned up three hours later) had to but a new one. inline fuses btwn radio and pwr source is a MUST

Another to be wary of is the CB shop next to TA, I75, GA x296.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Board Regular

I'm planning on stopping in the Walcott CB shop after this weekend and see what they're all about. Anyone been there before?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: CB SHOPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkbmlb
Where are some of the best CB shops in the US located. Would like to know for when I go back out.
40 acre truckstop Tennesee I-40 exit 126 charged a fellow driver 8 bucks to replace a fuse and and resolder a connection. another 8 bucks to come out to the truck and set the swr.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Board Regular

Anyone care to recommend a good online vendor I can buy a good but cheap CB at? I've never owned one, but I think I'm going to put one in the truck I take on my big route. Sick of not being able to communicate with other drivers..

I don't want anything fancy, just something that does the job I need it for. Looking at spending about $100, not one of those $400 jobs... Cobra any good? I see them all the time at truck stops.

Or even radio shack, can I get a decent cheap CB there?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
Anyone care to recommend a good online vendor I can buy a good but cheap CB at? I've never owned one, but I think I'm going to put one in the truck I take on my big route. Sick of not being able to communicate with other drivers..

I don't want anything fancy, just something that does the job I need it for. Looking at spending about $100, not one of those $400 jobs... Cobra any good? I see them all the time at truck stops.

As a general rule, I ignore all the echo board, beep and contrived voices and other nonsense. Won't even talk to them.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok, I admit that I have never been into CB's much. I own a little Cobra but it is nothing special. Is the Uniden PC78 any good??
Old 08-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus

As a general rule, I ignore all the echo board, beep and contrived voices and other nonsense. Won't even talk to them.
What is an echo board? That a brand?