User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Follow UP #1

well Ive heard many bad things about cfi... personally id like to stay away from the largest of companies yet i feel a safety in being with them for some odd reason... even though i dont plan on retiring with a company, i plan on owner/operating eventually...

as for transport america, superior carriors, and such ill be looking into all of them with the coming weeks. and ill be looking up all safety ratings too.

Team driving id like to avoid... putting my life in someone elses hands... i mean i can do it if its the best choice i will do it... i put my life in other ppls hands all the time ( all the other drivers on the road ), but to guarantee im in their hands 24/7 ... on a lone road where hes getting road dazed at night... ditches...trees.... no thank you. Ive had 4 guys run into my trucks... a reason i keep switching trucks... and ive seen countless accidents occur toooo often and too close to where ive been going... saw an accident of about 12 trucks and 12 4wheelers in one accident in PA this year around i78/i81 only team i want is my wife. and since we have a kid... thats unlikely.

Chemical tanking wouldnt bother me the slightest, ill am giving my company another chance to see how my earnings are in the coming months, i had them give me a brand new 2006 international... my 7th truck since ive been with them... my 3rd brand new one :P and the few months will give me time to do my homework, get hazmat endorsed, and get my only speeding ticket off my record (comes off in october or november)

flatbedding i know is hardwork, im not the strongest of men out there, im not lazy but i dont have much muscle. im sure id be gaining some doing the job, i wouldnt mind giving it a shot for a year or two though if it worked out alright. living in the NE though would be tough during winter seasons and all.

Thank you for your considerations and responses. this is my new favorite website for a while :P

Old 09-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightwolf71477
My first question here is. Why after less than a year of driving would you even think of training someone else how to drive a 80,000 lbs truck??? Plus what company would think that anyone with less than a year can train? This is why this industry is going down hill. I am not trying to put you down and say that you can not drive and that you are a bad driver. But I did not start training anyone til I had almost 5 years of drive time, and even then I still felt like that my students got the most out of my training. But on too your question about companies, all I can say is do your homework, there is no perfect company out there. Just chose carefully.

Well I don't think it takes yrs to mentor a new driver ...but it does take a mentor that can atleast back his truck at the pilot at 2 am....not curb side park...

As for the decline in the quality of drivers ..look no further than the lack of good pay in the majority of the profession...And then you have the government filling the seats with people given the choice of learning this trade or losing there WEL-FARE....