User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Gorden Trucking!

I was wondering if you folks that work for Gordon could tell me how much home time you get with this company?
Old 08-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Senior Board Member

One day off for every 7 days worked. One unique thing about Gordon -- their Driver Managers are measured on hometime and they have a macro to request hometime. Gordon truly tries to get their drivers home.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Rookie

TruckswifeWA.
GTI is very good about getting their drivers home. I have been with them for about a year now. Crackaces is right about 1 day for every 7, but that isn't written in stone. GTI is very understanding about home time, if you request that you need more time than 1 day for every 7 they will honer your request for your needs. This applies to a OTR driver.
Regional drivers get home on the weekends, but be prepared to run hard all week. They will do a good job on burning your 70 hr clock, and will send you home(on the weekend) for a 34 hr restart. Mileage will be around 2000 to 2600 miles a week, and will vary from week to week,sometimes more,sometimes less. I have run both regional and OTR
for them,and have no complaints about GTI

Fishman
Old 08-27-2006, 08:05 PM

There is a GTI drive here in my area. He must be on regional because he's home EVERY Saturday and Sunday.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye
There is a GTI drive here in my area. He must be on regional because he's home EVERY Saturday and Sunday.

It's rediculous how many drivers take the weekends off. Forget about trying to find a spot in a yard on weekends in any of our yards. Bobtails taking up trailer spots making the yards packed! It's just not him, it's the whole damn company it seems like. Blame it on the old yuppies that drive for us.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Kona911,

How often does Gordon get you home? I am going to be moving to the San Jose area and I am considering Gordon as one of the companies I would like to drive for... Any idea if San Jose would be a problem getting on with Gordon?

Longsnowsm
Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 PM

It's rediculous how many drivers take the weekends off. Forget about trying to find a spot in a yard on weekends in any of our yards. Bobtails taking up trailer spots making the yards packed! It's just not him, it's the whole damn company it seems like. Blame it on the old yuppies that drive for us.[/quote]

Hey Kona, you may just be a youngster still(21) but its inevitable that you will be an old fart someday also, and time flies. Being a kid still, you just don't get it yet. You need to have some respect for older folks. What did they do you that makes you disrespect them. Do you feel the same about your parents and grandparents? I read your blog and I remember your comment about how you were so happy you didn't get some old 50-60 yr old trainer. You can learn alot from someone 3 times your age, you just have to get over your predjudice. Wisdom is alot of what you get with age. You ain't got any yet. First you have to develop respect for you elders. Did you not learn that in Sunday school or did you never attend? Or did your parents not teach you this? Don't be upset at me for saying this, I am just trying to help you grow up some. Happy truckin' dude!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Senior Board Member

I have a friend who went to orientation with me who's been driving for 40+ years. He's like my human atlas. He knows where everything is, whether it be truck stops, tight spots, etc... I've gained a lot of respect from older people but gordon is 95% old guys. I have nothing agiasnt them but they seem to be a bit snoody in all the terminals. It's like "Hey, look at me, gordon put alluminum wheels on my drives, I'm special" haha.

but anyways, all I said was "yuppies"... Perhaps old farts or fogies would be a better term? :lol:
Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsnowsm
Kona911,

How often does Gordon get you home? I am going to be moving to the San Jose area and I am considering Gordon as one of the companies I would like to drive for... Any idea if San Jose would be a problem getting on with Gordon?

Longsnowsm

I get home every 3 or so weeks. I like to stay out more since I like running back east a whole lot. I'm in St. Louis right now and I will be coming home on the 29th making this trip just a little bit longer than 3 weeks out here. When I go home I take up to 4 days off....because I can. My dispatcher is pretty damn cool with letting me take as much time off as I can usually.

Theres a Owens Corning in Santa Clara near the montaque expressway. Lots of gordon freight moves in and out of there and theres also a couple of gordon bobtails parked there since they live somewhere down by where you do. We also have a yard in turlock and a whole bunch of customers in Tracy where some other gordon guys park their trucks when they go home. You shouldn't have a hard time getting by home living in SJ.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona911
I have a friend who went to orientation with me who's been driving for 40+ years. He's like my human atlas. He knows where everything is, whether it be truck stops, tight spots, etc... I've gained a lot of respect from older people but gordon is 95% old guys. I have nothing agiasnt them but they seem to be a bit snoody in all the terminals. It's like "Hey, look at me, gordon put alluminum wheels on my drives, I'm special" haha.

but anyways, all I said was "yuppies"... Perhaps old farts or fogies would be a better term? :lol:
Just jerking your chain a little kona. You gave me the right answer. You showed no disrespect in it and I appreciate that. and as a matter of fact, I have alot of respect for you cause of how you are going about your life at your age. I wish my nephews, whom are 20 yr old had as much gumption and get up and go as you.
I know what you mean about some older truck drivers being snooty. I'm in cdl school now and some of the trainers there are older and snooty. The worst one though is only 36. He has no respect for anyone it seems, and acts like he's gods gift to the trucking industry. To bad he is the one training me so I basically just gotta keep my mouth shut for 1 more week. Then I might bust him in the mouth!!
After that I am applying @ Gordon. I want to add to their ranks of old farts. And by the way, I would rather be called an old fart or fogie anyday over Yuppie. I'm glad you told me they are 95% old guys there. Maybe I stand a chance.
If I run into you someday out there I will make sure not to be snooty to you as you being 6'8' you could probably squash me like a bug!! Take care and be safe out there!