User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I worked there last year from sept through march of this year. I was on their expedited division, which gets really great miles. I left because of some personal issues at home, as well as many things going wrong at USX all at once.

I ran solo (no way I could convince myself to climb in the bunk and sleep while someone else was driving). As far as team miles, I honestly don't know how their average is. I know on solo, it was an average of 450 miles per trip average, about 2500-2750 miles per week.

They're a good company. I'm at Celadon now, which I love, mainly for the average miles per trip being over 1,000, which means I can run a few days per trip, versus load/unload daily. However, if I ever left here, I'd go back to USX.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Rookie
Default Thanks for info

Malaki86, thank you for your response. When you are just getting started in this industry it's hard to know who to go with and if any of the info you get whether it be from forums or recruiters is accurate. I did talk to someone personally that left one company to go with Celadon and they spoke very very highly of that company. I did consider them, but they do not take new students. I am hoping we can say the same thing when we finally get started with whomever we choose. By the way how long have you been driving?