User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have never heard of Wegner only Werner. Is it two different companies or just a misspelling? No offense, just wondering.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheRoad
I have never heard of Wegner only Werner. Is it two different companies or just a misspelling? No offense, just wondering.

Two different companies , Wenger has maroon intenationals and gold lettering , only similarities are they both seem like lousy companies
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheRoad

Two different companies , Wenger has maroon intenationals and gold lettering , only similarities are they both seem like lousy companies
Ok, thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:29 PM

Second time out with Wenger:

Well where to begin? The dispatcher we have is unbelieveable. We haven't gotten a FULL ten hour break this week untill like thursday when we had to run from Davenport to Omaha, Nebraska. He also loves to seem to jump at giving us impossible preplans when we aren't even done with our original. Like we had one last week going from Heinz in Fremont, OH to Muscatine, IA.

We left our area around 12:30noon, He said we could pick up early and our devlivery was for 8pm. Well we got there about 2:30-3:30pm and they wouldn't load us till about 7:30-8pm. We didn't leave Fremont till about 9pm and our 14 hr day was expiring at like 10:30pm. So we stopped in South Bend, IN to take our ten hr break.

First thing the next morning the dispatcher is all over us asking why haven't we left yet and why aren't we moving. First of all the delivery wasn't due till 10am the next day. My husband calls the guy and he tells my husband that this isn't to be taken at our leisure. He then tells my husband we need to get to muscatine by 2 pm. Well we got there about 4 cause of traffic and it's only 55 in IL, and construction. He fails to see this.

He sits at his desk and takes out his calculator and devides 55 by how many miles it is. And expects it to happen ALL the time. Then he tells my husband that he shouldn't have logged driving from Sterling Hts, to the Pilot in Monroe, MI. That would have saved us some time. He then proceeded to send us like 3 different preplans when we weren't even in Muscatine yet. We also got screwed out of our home time this weekend.
We got today off but still had to deliver this morning and got home last night at about 11pm.

He told my husband to take saturday night off and sunday. We were in Lincoln, NE Sat morning. We had to stay at the Flying J in Davenport saturday night. How did he expect us to get from Lincoln, NE to Sterling Heights, MI in one day being in a truck? When it takes 8 hrs or more to get from Davenport to Fremont, Oh?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 PM

Second time out with Wenger cont.

We had a del monte load to be picked up at 3pm one day as well, this was after being in chicago and being stuck in oh for all of labor weekend. We get to del monte at 1:30 pm and they were not done loading us till 6:30pm. My husband was on the phone all day talking to the dispatchers saying his day was gonna run out at 8pm. We started our at 6am in chicago. And went over to del monte in rochelle, il. he called them back at wanted him to bring the load to the terminal in davenport. We were on the 39n at exit 99 a few miles down. We were told to avoid toll roads unless you are delivering to fremont oh. We got the load done and scaled it and headed over to theor bellevue flying j in laselle. My husband called again trying to get a repower. They wouldn't send one because they tried blamming him for the way he logs.

And he should have taken the I-88 instead of the I-80. The night time dispatcher lady wanted him to continue to take the load and it was 8pm, this is all centeral time. His 14 hr day expired at 8pm. She wanted him to still drive the load to the terminal in Davenport, IA. Now we are not going to get our detention pay because this load had to be reset for the second stop and third stop.

The trucks are all junk. Even the brand new internationals are falling apart. When we got there they tried telling us your truck is based on your experience. That WAS not mentioned on the phone or on the tour the recruiter tooks us on. Also if you don't stay with them for 6 months they will make you pay for everything, not only your drug screen and physical, but your orientation, orientation pay, hotels and everything else, including bus ticket. They love to try and charge you for out of route miles, blame the driver for every dam thing. Expect you to speed and lie on your log book as well. Of course they won't say it but once you get there they will expect it. They higher guys with points, felonies and doctor up apps.

All the trailers dog track bad to the right, the main shop guy is a complete jerk. He wantd my husband to drive on a steer tire with chunks of rubber missing. He got pissed when my hubby told him to send someone out to the pilot in Minooka, IL. Swore at and hung the phone up. The night time lady dispatcher did that to to him when we needed to repower the del monte load. This company just rips off it's drivers left and right. You're only allowed to fuel at certain ta's which is like 10 and certain pilots only 50 gallons. You cannot fuel in IA or IL.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:47 PM

Also they only have 4 dispatchers, night time dispatchers are a woman who does it out of her home and you can hardly ever get a hold of and a guy who answers his cell phone. Their terminal isn't impressive at all either. I'm sorry to say but Swift is sounding sooooo much better.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Senior Board Member

I would stick it out until you know that he will have another job for a FACT.

It does not sound good but remember the problems he had getting hired on.

I just don't want to see you guys back in that position. I would look for another company but tell your husband NOT to run illegal it is his future.

Take Care

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-17-2006, 04:37 PM

He didn't have any problems getting hired on with this company, now they are asking him to back log and because he won't run past his 14 hr day or over his 11 drive time they are only giving us 12-1500 miles a week. Everyone on his dispatchers board lies. They all have notebooks and write there day down in that then do it when they finally stop. Ever wonder why you hardly see a Wenger truck at a truck stop? It's because they don't stop. One guy drove 1100 miles straight without eating or sleeping. Why stay for that? We are once again living on our pay advance and our pay checks are always $188 every week. Hell the recurtor even is telling him, why are you stopping an hr early, to find a park you should keep going, meaning keep going and don't bother stopping. We have only had 2 FULL legal 10 hour breaks since we've been here. Every morning his dispatcher on the mobile max asking, why haven't you moved yet, are you rolling yet, get moving.

And now all of a sudden your only allowed 36 hrs off at this company but in orientation he was told 1 day off for every 7 out. We were suppose to be home Friday cause his dispatcher screwed him out of our hometime last weekend to. He had a load going out of Davenport for us to MI Friday at 7am. Then he changes it cause we basically took our ten hr in WI cause his 14 hr day ran out. So he screwed us out of our hometime. We didn't get in till 11:30 last night. And Mon we have to deliver at 9PM. After what we found out Friday We feel like we're working for a company ran by children.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Senior Board Member

if i may ask...how much experience does ur husband have?
Old 09-17-2006, 05:48 PM