User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2006, 02:04 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytob
davenport1, I know a lil about it. i ran across a female driver out of Memphis,Tn one day, she was solo @ conway truckload. She told me that they usally have her home everyother day and off weekns, she gt plenty of miles and they try and run her to death but she loves it. She said that they give her runs of 700 or less, almost always the next day del. If freight gets slow then she will pull a linehaul load out of the terminal to another terminal, but it rare that happens, or she will do local work, sometimes teams drop load early on yard and she will del all depnds. she likes it say money is great and tah is great. truck is slow 68 but will do if she is home every other day and off o weekns. now she said it differs from person to person some stay out longer but it's all up to u..
I thought about giving them a call, but I have a good thing going and dont want to mess it up.....
thanks for the comeback
Old 07-03-2006, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainethang
Con-way say's you have to have a exemplary driving record, does anybody know what that means.
It means PERFECT, You cant have any mistakes what so ever, and to me its not worth the hassle.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:36 AM

well, i got a call from Conway Truckload earlier today. talked to the guy said i would be out 10-14 days and home for 3-4 days (he said this could vary, meaning that i could be home more often) pay would start at .36 cpm and average about 2600 miles weekly. he said my record was excellent and all he needed is for me to tell him when do i want to attend orientation. he did mention that all they have is 2006 Volvos, which is nice, but the pay is not enough. i definitely had the idea that Conway would pay much better than that. i easily make over $1200 weekly and only working 4 days a week where i'm at now, yeah i do have to do a lot of fingerprinting and sweating but i think it's worth it. I told the guy to call me monday and i'll have an answer, to be honest i don't know why i didn't go ahead and tell him no thanks.
i might reconsider them when i get older and can't unload groceries anymore. :?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:24 PM

plus he told me that there would be a lot of LTL involved and a some drop and hook loads