User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Transforce

I did a search and all I came up with was a job posting.

Anyone know anything about them?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Rookie
Default About Transforce

Transforce is a Driver Leasing company. They will hire you if you pass all appropriate applications, Drug Test, Background Check, Etc. I was hired by them last week, I will be starting a dedicated run with Toys-R-Us on Wednesday. All they require is 1 year verifiable experience with a class A or Class B License. Al you have to do after getting hired by them is tel them what you are looking for in a truck driving job. They will do there best to find a run for you.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:02 AM

Think of transforce more as a temp agency with a twist. Transforce will hire you. You go to work for company A, but are still an employee of Transforce. Transforce will pay you.

On their website, they state they hire the drivers for various companies. The companies pay Transforce the drivers salaries, and Transforce in turn pays the driver.

Transforce offers basically a hiring and payroll service, especially for smaller companies that need drivers but don't want hassle or have the time/money to really put in to find and hire good drivers. Transforce does all the work for those companies.

Transforce really works with the drivers also, and want to keep the drivers happy. If the driver does not like working for company A, the driver can call Transforce and they will find another company for the driver to work for. They say it will usually be two or three days wait time, until they give you a choice of driving for company B, C, or D.

My husband's experience with them so far, is that they bent over backwards for him. First they got him mixed up with one of the other drivers applying who only had class B experience. They got that worked out. Then they offered three different openings they had to my husband. They gave all the information including pay to my husband, so he could make a decision.

The first company, did their own research also and said no. Ok, next. The next company working local the Transforce person couldn't get a hold of them in a timely manner, so next. A new position just became available that is a regional run with more pay. My husbands starts tomorrow. The run only pays .39 cent a mile. Transforce sweet talked them into paying by mile instead of by the hour. My husband will get more money that way.

Bend over backwards time. Our Transforce contact told my husband to call in with the actual miles. . Also that they will pay $30 perdeim per round trip on top of the initial pay.

Our Transforce contact did say that they have some companies that only hire through them. I suspect that those are more of the smaller companies that don't want to deal with the hireing process and dealing with taxes and stuff like that.

I don't know how many companies they work with, or how many positions need to be filled. It took only about a week and a half with the mix up to get my husband behind a wheel again. I love the fact that they will actually try to find a job that you want to do, and try to get you into a truck as quickly as possible. They even offered my husband a temperary team driving position for a week or until they could find him a job that he wants just to get him into a truck. My husband did turn that down before accepting the regional run. So far we have had a very good experience with them, and I'm hoping it will continue to be good.