User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hows Stevens Transport

looking to start with this compan. Whats the good and bads ???
Old 08-15-2004, 02:15 PM

I'm also curious about this company. Next to SNI, this is the other most talked about company for beginners. I found their homepage (not hard to find) at http://www.stevenstransport.com/home.htm. They have some good information there but nothing as detailed as Schneider.

Maybe it would be easier to get more information from posters here if there are more specific questions. Here are some I'm curious about:

Concerning Stevens Transport:

:?: For company drivers - is the mileage calculated hub to hub or book?
:?: Does Stevens require trainees to pay for the training up front and then reimburse over a period of time?
:?: Where are Stevens Operation Centers? Training Centers? Will the company pay for travel from my home in Southern California to where the training is and pay for a room during my training like Schneider will?

I hear the equipment is real nice with Stevens - but the home time is lacking. Lots of miles - lots of time on the road. For me, that doesn't really matter as I have no kids or wife at home. In fact, the more miles the better in my mind.

Okay Stevens types out there --- where are you? Let's hear from you.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member

one thing about stevens is they misspelled thier name it is Satan. you go there and you enter the 9th plane of hell. good equitment but thats about it. No home time you have to leave your truck at one of there termials or a kenworth dealer. I have a good friend that drove for them for two years because he sold his soul to them to get his cdl. he had to drive past his home to go 200 miles to drop off the truck and drive back home. they counted his home time from the time he droped off the truck till it was time to leave his home. they would call his house three hours befor he need to go to make sure he was going. Oh the hell he went thru just for his cdl. So if you want to have that much fun just go ahead and sign over you soul.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 08-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Rookie
Default STEVENS TRANSPORT... SURE IT'S OK TO START WITH....

HI,I'M GOING TO STEVENS TRANSPORT IN DALLAS NEXT THURSDAY TO ARRIVE ON SUNDAY FOR THE ORIENTATION ( 1 WEEK),I HAVE MY CDL WITH ALL ENDORSMENTS,I MAY NEED A REFRESH COURSE,BECAUSE I DIDN'T DROVE SINCE I GOT MY LICENSE LAST OCTOBER ...I DID MAKE THE CHOISE GOING WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOOD EQUIPMENT AND A LOT OF MILES....BUT THE $$$ IS NOT GOOD 0.25 TO START.AND TIME HOME ALSO..I'M THINKING STAYING WITH THEM 1 YEAR OR 2 THEN MOVE ON FOR ANOTHER COMPANY FOR MORE $$$...THEY 'RE PAYING ME FOR TRANSPORT ( BUS) FROM SACRAMENTO ,HOTEL ,FOOD ..FOR THE ORIENTATION WEEK ..THEN $325 A WEEK..DURING 4 WEEKS ,THEN 2 OR 4 DAYS HOME,AFTER THAT 4 WEEKS AS TEAM WITH ANOTHER STUDENT ..THAN I WILL GET MY TRUCK ...ABOUT THE TRUCK GOING HOME WITH ME :NO ,THERE TOLD ME THAT I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE SOMEWHERE IN SACRAMENTO..I THINK STARTING WITH THEM TRUCKING IT 'S A GOOD COMPANY TO GO WITH ...I HAD MANY JOB OFFER FROM OTHER COMPANY (SWIFT,ORANGE PUMPINK,CRST ...)STEVEN WAS THE ONLY ON WHO WILL NOT FORCE ME TO SIGN A CONTRACT... TO ALL OF YOU: KEEP THEM TRUCKING...... :wink:
Old 08-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Senior Board Member

all i can say is good luck nomad your going to need it.

Illegitimis nil carborundum

Inter arma silent leges

Si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es
Old 08-17-2004, 01:01 PM

Concerning Stevens Transport:

:?: For company drivers - is the mileage calculated hub to hub or book?
:?: Does Stevens require trainees to pay for the training up front and then reimburse over a period of time?
:?: Where are Stevens Operation Centers? Training Centers?
:?: Their website doesn't say what kind of "no touch" freight or "hook & go??" ratio they have for driving. Are they known for lots of driver assisted loading/unloading?

Okay Stevens types out there --- where are you? Let's hear from you.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:16 AM

There are more than 2 threads here stating things about companies. all one has to do is take a lil time and look. there are quite a few here that i tell you to check into Southern Refrigerated Transport. and i stand by what i say. Stevens will run you long. if that is what you want, more power to ya. there are more companies out there than just swift, stevens, werner, and the other driver mills. check out companies that are not all that big or well known. you might be pleasantly suprised.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenworth75
There are more than 2 threads here stating things about companies. all one has to do is take a lil time and look. there are quite a few here that i tell you to check into Southern Refrigerated Transport. and i stand by what i say. Stevens will run you long. if that is what you want, more power to ya. there are more companies out there than just swift, stevens, werner, and the other driver mills. check out companies that are not all that big or well known. you might be pleasantly suprised.
Hey Kenworth75- who do you run for? Southern Refrigerated Transport? They look good but I see nothing about them taking rookies and giving them training.

I like the idea of running long. I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked out there in the beginning but I'd rather have too many miles than too few. While I love to drive and I love to travel ... I've gotta be able to make a few dollars out of it. I've heard too much from people who go out there with companies who promise lots of time home and that is exactly what they get. 1,000 to 2,000 miles a week. Hardly enough to make it worth while. My circumstances make my priorities the equipment and average miles - not home time or benefits. So Stevens seems like a great company to train/start with.

So - if there is any Stevens Transport driver out there who might know the answers to the few questions I've posted I'd appreciate your thoughts. I know the answers may be buried in the threads but after doing searches on Stevens & Transport & miles, etc ... I'm still left with these questions. Sorry if I missed them somewhere - I've been searching for a few days now.

Hey, one more question - does anyone know where the Stevens Transport Operation Centers are?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:40 AM

Stevens has contacted me to go over my application. They set up a date for my school and said to "assume everything is fine" unless I hear from them again.

:cry: Unfortunately they didn't offer me the opportunity to ask some questions. They say to call them 5 days before my training starts in Texas to do "orientation" for the training and I haven't heard more from them. I called and left voice-mail asking if I could verify my status with the company and to get some questions answered.

I contacted a few companies and I have received some responses. I feel, based on my initial research, that Stevens is a good match for me - but I need some questions answered. My training isn't scheduled to start until the 20th of September - still a month or so away. I would be freaked if I told others that I'm already signed on only to learn that I'm not really signed on late next month. :evil:

Has anyone out there had to deal with Stevens Transport out of Texas? Maybe a current driver for Stevens? Any suggestions :?:
Old 08-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Senior Board Member
Default find out who your recruiter is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Stevens has contacted me to go over my application. They set up a date for my school and said to "assume everything is fine" unless I hear from them again.

:cry: Unfortunately they didn't offer me the opportunity to ask some questions. They say to call them 5 days before my training starts in Texas to do "orientation" for the training and I haven't heard more from them. I called and left voice-mail asking if I could verify my status with the company and to get some questions answered.

I contacted a few companies and I have received some responses. I feel, based on my initial research, that Stevens is a good match for me - but I need some questions answered. My training isn't scheduled to start until the 20th of September - still a month or so away. I would be freaked if I told others that I'm already signed on only to learn that I'm not really signed on late next month. :evil:

Has anyone out there had to deal with Stevens Transport out of Texas? Maybe a current driver for Stevens? Any suggestions :?:
Patrick, the only advice I can give you concerning your wanting to go work for Stevens next month is find out who your recruiter is and hound him. :!: :!: Don't let him blow you off when have unanswered questions. Do the leg work. If this is the company you want to be with, make it known you have unfinished business. They want you just as bad as you want them. If they can't give you satisfaction its their lost. :roll: :arrow: I know who my recruiter is with US EXpress and believe me I will not let him off the phone until I have the answers to the questions that concern me most.. Check your e-mail. :idea: See you on the big road! :rock: