Crete 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Which company would you chose? Bowman or Crete?

Hey yall I am looking to sign on with one of these companies..

Bowman is a mostly shorthaul and I would be home every night.. Training pay is the same as Crete ( $400 a week ). They start you out after training at .34 cents a mile.. fuel bonus of .03 cents a mile.. Your averaging around 1900-2200 miles a week.. No touch frieght.. Your home every night. They work in shifts.. They start you on the night shift which isn't so bad. It is a slip seat operation ( well -maintained equipment ) so you don't have your own truck.

Crete.. Solid company from all I have heard.. Training pay is same as Bowman $400/week... Probably average a little more miles with Crete.. Would run in the regional..Start you out at .31 cents a mile.. Assigned well maintained equipment also. Home weekly on the regional.. Let me know what yall think.. Thank you...

If anyone can let me know who they would chose that would be great! Thanks for all opinions.. Go safe! 8)
Old 12-13-2005, 01:54 AM

I would go with D.M. Bowman if I lived closer to Indy. I live 80 miles away and their limit is 50.
Anyways sleeping in your own bed every night and no touch freight sounds good to me.
Some people prefer OTR though and you'd probably make more money OTR.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Dosen't Bowman run Small Macks? I think Crete is a better choice.But thats my opinion.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:10 AM
Rookie
Default info

Hey guys! Thanks so far for all the input.... Hey Skull.. Yes Bowman still has a few of those macks.. However, most of there fleet has switched over the the newer volvo's. They look pretty nice.. The biggest plus with Bowman is the hometime ( home every night ). At least for me.. Like Gorilla said home every night and no touch freight doesn't sound so bad.. Just looking forward to gettin back in the truck and regaining my experience .. Thats the biggest thing right now.. From what I have heard from there recruiter you still get pretty descent miles and they do have a tuition refund program ( up to $3,000 ). I've talked to a few of there drivers and they don't have anything bad to say for the most part....

I have nothing but good to say about everyone at Crete. They are very professional and very courteous.. They too have an excellent training program. Plus they are payin practical miles now.. Regional fleets get home weekly.. It will be a hard decision to make but we'll see what happens.. I'll keep yall posted... 8) Any info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks yall Go safe!!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member

KW84 ; You've got to do whats right for YOU! It sounds like YOU are better off at Bowman. 8)