User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Experienced driver that hasn't driven in 4 years

I graduated truck driving school in 1984 in Phoenix, Arizona. I went to work for a company right out of school, 4 of the companies that I worked for over 20 years are no longer in business. I owned a truck and leased to a company in Springfield, Mo and was with them 5 years, then because of family issues I got off the road and have not driven for 4 years this month. I am wanting to get back into trucking, I have a current CDL w/ doubles and triples/passenger/ and haz-mat endorsements and current DOT Medical card. I am finding more and more that getting back into trucking is going to be difficult as many companies are requiring recent verifiable experience and like I said, it's been 4 years since I have been in a truck, ANY SUGGESTIONS MUCH APPRECIATED
Old 01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Rookie

If you figure out some place thats taking people like us, let me know.. i'm having the same problems, They all say get 4-6 months recent and then come back, but how we supposed to get that recent exp if nobody will hire us? lol
Old 01-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Default post

royal express, fresno, ca ---559-272-3500
Old 01-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Rookie
Default trying to get back to trucking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shriva View Post
If you figure out some place thats taking people like us, let me know.. i'm having the same problems, They all say get 4-6 months recent and then come back, but how we supposed to get that recent exp if nobody will hire us? lol
I found a company in Tucson, Arizona that will give a refresher course for $75 an hour, apparently, they will road test a person and then decide what refreshing if any that is needed.