User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking to come back, after some time off.

Class A CDL with Hazmat.
7 years OTR exp. 48 states and canada.
I'm near Mobile AL.

Last drove in 11-2004 for Prime (was there 4 years) left on good terms.

Never any drug or DUI problems.
One speeding ticket in my car in 2007 (I believe it was 55 in a 45

It seems my problem is my time off from driving and no varifiable employment in the last 4 years. (I tried a couple internet ventures that didn't pan out) Wife was working during this time.

Anyway, All the companys i have talked to say i need at least 6 months recent and then they would be happy to have me.

So heres what i'm willing to do if someone is interested...

Willing to work for reduced pay (we can discuss amount) for 6 months to get the experience i need for the local company. Either solo or team (I trained drivers when i was with prime)
Would have to be a male team driver though, wife won't allow me to team with a female. I'm happily married and want to stay that way.lol

I don't drink/smoke. Just want to drive and make money and get back home to my wife.

I can stay out for longer periods for the 6 months though.

Anyone interested can email me with questions. [email protected]
Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Rookie

Anyone know of the best way to get back into trucking with taking 4 years off?

Or of other places i can post? (I already filled out the thing here)
I'm in the mobile AL area, but i'll be on the truck mostly anyway so doesn't have to be that close.

Do you think teaming would be a good idea? I know i can make someone some money! I had to go on a truck with someone at Prime before i leased my own (i know i know, but i still made good money) and the guy i was with was almost 4k in the hole, and 6 weeks later when i got off the truck he was out of the hole!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Board Regular

Even though you filled the application On-line I would also call individual companies and speak to the recruiter. With the economy tanking, alot of trucking companies have hiring freezes in effect. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Rookie

I have talked to 30+ companys (easily) so far... So far no luck.

A couple (even a local one i like) have told to go get 6 months recent exp and they have a job for me, trouble is getting that exp..lol

Thats why i thought maybe an owner op or something would maybe go for a cheap team driver, or someone to drive a second truck cheaper, They make more money then they would with an other team driver, and i get the recent exp i need.

So far no luck with that either, still trying though, as alot of companys said to try back mid Jan, to see if they are hiring again.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Rookie

Hey, One of my friend to had the same issues, He had about 6 years experience, but he was out of touch for some months, So, most of the companies required him to have recent experience, however, he could not find any new jobs.... at last, he had got some loans and had started his own way he is doing well now, So, try that too, BE YOUR OWN BOSS
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Rookie
Default I also have been away for awhile

I have the same problem as most do, I am currently in the construction field, but use to drive OTR. i have been out of trucking for 8 years now, but have the need to return to trucking. i really miss driving a big rig mostly. My current employer has me drive their dump trucks, but it is not OTR, so no one wants to hire without recent OTR experience. The industry hasnt changed that much in 8 years, i dont think. so why is it so difficult to find a driving job. Am willing also to drive for someone to get the necessary experience i need to find the perfect job. Cant buy a truck and become an O/O either, credit is not so good after a divorce. so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you can help, contact me here or e-mail me at [email protected]. I check my mail daily so I will respond quickly. Thank You