User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Chesapeake, Va. Driver For Hire!

Right now Im doing Intermodal running the ports in Va. I'm running NIT In Norfolk, PMT In Portsmouth, Maserk, and NNMT In Newport News. Doing over the road which is pretty much regional, NC, Va.. I have experience in 20', 40', & 45' containers and chassis about 9 months worth. I also have 2 years experience in 53' Dry Vans, over the road 50 states + Canada. I'm currently driving an owner operators truck, and looking to get back into a company truck, because I need the benefits and the taxes taken out. Driving the owner operators truck was a bad career move, because sometime Im inpatient. My girlfriend just gave birth to my son last week so I'm looking for something Local or Regional. I would do over the road if I was guaranted to be home every weekend. Or I could be negotiable with that. I just mainly need the benefits and a comfortable place to make my home for the long term. I have one accident at the beginning of my career, I backed into a wooden "For Lease" sign at a shippers. In that case I did the right thing and called Schneider up and unfortunately they put it on my record I believe. But there was no fatalities, injuries or damage except for to the sign. I am running into a few problems with other companies so I'll just be blunt with it here. Before I got my CDL I was a different person. Well long story short,, I have 3 misdermeanors, 2 drunk In public, 1 open container, none of them involving a vehicle. It's just the law here in Va you can't be drunk an outside. I would like to assure you though I don't drink no more. The last charge I had was Oct of 2004 and that was open container. And that is the charge that is really taken a bite out my behind. Anyway my CDL has positive points, I have had no tickets since I have been a driver. I do believe my DAC is clean from what I have been told, but those charges on my criminal record is really hurting me. I have a CDL A with Hazmat Endorcement and will be willing to get other endorcement and learn new things. Anyway I'm looking for someone to give me a chance, Im a hard worker and would be worth your time that you spend in putting me in your company. If anyone is willing to work with me you can contact me at [email protected], make sure your put that underscore between Road and Juggalo. Thanks!!