LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 01:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Howdy all

Back in June I posted the following:

Howdy all
Here goes nothin. (never done this before)

I'm a 46 Male. I have had a class a chauffeurs/ CDL since I was 18. I have been driving every since then. (Started driving at 15) I am currently leased on to one of the Landstar companies. I've been with them since Feb of 93.

I have experience in the following.

Platform: Flat, Step, Double Drop RGN. Hauled pretty much anything that can fit on them, including heavy haul, and oversized.

Vans, Doubles Hauled Haz Mat Including Ammunition, and Explosives, Electronics, Trade shows, and general commodity.

Refrigerated:Not much to be said about these things.

Liquid Tanker: Hauled both food grade, and Chemical for right at 3 years.

As of this post, I am about 20,000. miles from a million mile safe driving award with Landstar.

Unfortunately, the freight rates are too low to pay for the fuel it costs to haul the loads currently. So I'm looking to sell the truck, and find a local job, so my cat can have a stationary home.

I can relocate anywhere in the USA for the right Job. The reason for this is that I have been living in this truck since my divorce in 2000.
(I got the truck, the bills,and the cat. Ex got everything else.). So I have been using my Book Keepers address in FL for my mailing address.
So I plan to sell the truck, and find real housing wherever the job demands.

My last moving violation was in Watertown, NY in August of 1997. I have had no preventable accidents.

I can be contacted at [email protected][/i]

Since the time I posted the previous have passed the million mile mark with Landstar. {Yes, It's official now}. My truck has over a million miles on it, and it's time to do one of three things..

1: Sink several thousand Dollars back into my truck to get it, and keep it up to par. (This Includes a major overhaul of the motor, among other things)

2: Go ahead, and invest in another new truck, and commit to several more years running over the road.

Or 3: (This is the one I am hoping for) Find a GOOD job in the FT Myers, FL area, that will allow me to be home several times a week, and weekends, if not every night.

Insurance, paid vacation, and all that other neat stuff normal people get for working real 8 to 5 jobs.

One thing I do need to make clear though.. This is by no means a JOB APPLICATION.

At this time I am shopping to see what is available. I have no intention of jumping on any job just because it sounds like a sweet deal.

Like everyone here, I have been mislead before too. I will do some in depth checking before I decide to make ANY changes.