View Poll Results: Do you still use paper logs?
Yes! 45 83.33%
No 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
That's true, but if werner's log system is tied to the truck it may not register not moving or moving slow as line 3. So it would instead place the driver on line 4 since the driver has not logged as line 1 or 2 in the system.
I wonder how that works? I thought a driver that worked for Werner said they would have to enter they was driving and not off duty. I can't really remember though. Anyone how does the on board logging system log if you are stuck in traffic. A driver using paper logs would show this as driving time. How does the on-board logging device log it?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Board Regular

I believe Drew works/has worked for Werner, maybe he can shed some light on the issue.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Rookie

Why wouldn't I want to? Not letting anyone dictating how I run....oh yeah, I'm an O/O but don't understand why a company driver would have paper logs either. By the way loose leaf is the best.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Sorry...didnt notice the inquiry till it was "bumped" back to the top.

Werner drivers have control over the duty status changes, just like any paper log. The only duty status we do not make an actual input on is VI and Fueling. The VI is automatically input prior to the 1st "on duty" status change following a 10 hour break. Fueling is automatically recorded when the fueling occurs at the pump. (assuming the fueling occurs with a card reader). All other duty status changes are input manually into the qualcom.

Werner trucks can be driven for extremely short distances "off duty". (except for Personnel Drive Time) The distance various with the area you are in, so it is difficult to determine, unless you run the same area(s) all the time. But...generally less than a mile or 2.

If Im "stuck" in traffic (logging line3) and Im sitting or "crawling" a very short distance and time elaspses. The logs may "trip" to line 4 since the tracking doesnt show movement. When movement resumes the tracking will place the driver back on line 3. If this occurs the driver will not know a duty status change occured. When the driver inputs the next duty status change you will receive a "duty status" change message, indicating the change of duty status to line 4, and the time period. (time spent in traffic prior to "tripping" back to line 3).
It is now the drivers "legal obligation" to correct the log error from line 4 to line 3 for the period sitting in the traffic.