View Poll Results: Common Carrier RIPOFF'S - Are You Being Fairly Compensated?
Are you getting miles promised?Are you making what recruiters say " our average driver makes" ?Does Dispatcher blame Load Planner for your sitting?Do you get stuck at the house when you are ready to come back out because there are no loads in your area?Do 8 72.73%
i. e. tires...lights....etc?Rate what you think of the lazy "Special Folks" that feel the garbage can is to far away to bother with? 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2002, 06:03 PM
instigator
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Alright boys and girls let's see what you think of the companies that you have worked for or are presently working for. How many of you feel you are getting what the recruiter says it will be like once you are on the road with them? :sauer007: Has your dispatcher made you promises i. e. " we'll have you home by..." and when you finally get home late you are basically told " it's just part of trucking" hey they may as well say "kiss my :aktion081: ! Does your company tell you they have " premium equipment" and you keep loosing your bonus because their state of the art "premium equipment" keeps breaking down or everyother trailer you go to get has to go to the shop for one type of repair or another :aktion087.gif: ?
After sitting at a customer for 18 hours or more waiting for that preloaded trailer you were sent to get does dispatch say " do the best you can" or do they reset your appointment on the other end? :aktion047: Do you feel it is fair to be compensated for your time when you are stuck waiting to be loaded or unloaded? :aktion035: Do you feel it would be fair to be compensated when you are stuck in the company yard while their "premium equipment" is being worked on i. e. the trailer you brought in hasn't been serviced in 18 months ?
Old 05-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>[bost_uid0]HEY!!!!!!![/bost_uid0] look at what I found!!!

The first poll that actually adressed the [bost_uid0]LIE[/bost_uid0] conspiracy as was pontificated in a few recent posts.

This was first posted in Oct 2002, nothing like digging up real old threads, but this one has some merit.
Who knows, it may help some vent their frustrations over [iost_uid0]LYING[/iost_uid0] recruiters and [iost_uid0]DISHONEST[/iost_uid0] trucking companies.

Just in time for the Memorial Day holiday... Got to love it</span>[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Flash Gordon1

[color=#000F22ost_uid0]What conspiracy you mean to say that all the trucking companys are plotting against drivers by lieing??
No way!!! That can't be true!

I love my job I like my truck and I tolerate my dispatcher. No-one lies they just beat the ####ing #### out of the truth as recommended in the master freight agreement.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member

[color=#0000FFost_uid0]Way to go Doc....just after you got Twilight calmed down you have to go and bring something up like this!!!

Flash I am glad to see that you like your job/truck and are able to tolerate your dispatcher. One of the philosophies at Crete is to hire "Professional drivers who have a good understanding of the trucking industry." Not saying that the "truth beating" doesn't happen over here, just that the drivers we hire understand the industry a lot better then most![/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2003, 05:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

[color=#000080ost_uid0][iost_uid0][color=darkblueost_uid0]"Greyhound? Yes, how much is a ticket to North Carolina? Do you allow blunt weapons on the bus? You do? Great. Thanks."[/colorost_uid0][/iost_uid0]
::
Yep, it's a conspiracy. No doubt about it. Everyone is in it for themselves. Everyone simply KNOWS that it doesn't cost anything and takes no time to put a driver aboard, just so they can quit the next week...

*ahem* >>>click<<<

Sarcasm off.

Truth be told, a lot of companies try and do right by their drivers. Some don't. But you rarely hear about the ones that do. Why? Because the driver is out there making money. He or she isn't sitting home with nothing to do but crab about things.

Still, it's a major difficulty in the industry. How do you marry a driver to his or her company/fleet mgr, so that all is peachy in the world, when a lot of drivers view a company as the enemy or visa versa.

I don't have the answer. If I did, I'd be one rich dude. In the meantime, I will continue talking to drivers and telling them like it is. Why? Because I get paid to tell the truth. If I wanted to get paid to lie, I'll go to...[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>The bus station is about a mile from the front door, so come on!!!!

I found an interesting piece I'm going to condense and post. It may be an eye opener, then again it may not, since the truth seems to be a rare commidity and then it all depends on who is speaking it!!!

[bost_uid0]THE TRUTH?!?!?!!?[/bost_uid0] You can't handle the [bost_uid0]TRUTH[/bost_uid0]
or any form that resembles anything like the truth!!!

Just think, the piece I have found was written by a Professor of Transportation and it concerns the decaying state of driver longevity!!!

More to follow</span>[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-27-2003, 09:15 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

[color=#000080ost_uid0]Oh I don't know, Doc. With your knee, it probably wouldn't be all that fair and considering that'd be the first thing I'd hit...
:aktion064:

Looking forward to seeing that piece, though. Should be a good read.[/colorost_uid0]

Edited By Twilight Flyer on 1054070161

Old 05-28-2003, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Yes it will considering the article was written in the early 1990s.

The professor teaches at LSU, Go Tigers!!!

Well forget the tiger, the professor professes at Mississippi State, oh well close!!!!</span>[/colorost_uid0]

Edited By Doctor Who on 1054171291

Old 05-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Senior Board Member